PO: Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - Slingshot to heaven

I'm just using the following information:

There are only a few people on this board talking about it.

There weren't that many people on Facebook talking about it/liking it

Generally, only 50-60% of people who like something on Facebook are really clicking links or buying products (I know this from personal and business experience))

Margot "promised" a clear copy to that Mitchell guy, and I don't think they would have done so if he wasn't one of the 50.

Most people steal music and aren't going to pay $65-$80 for music, even if they act like they will on Facebook.

Is there a chance that 50 people bought it before you? Sure. But I doubt it.

Really wanted that 7" considering how long it took me to get the broadripple single, but im not paying $80.

This proves my point. This guy who really wants it, who is on a vinyl collecting message board, won't pay that much.  I think you are safe if you grabbed one within the first 45 minutes or so.

I feel the same way. I wish there were a more affordable way to get it. I can't bring myself to drop $60 more to get a tote bag, shirt, and 7"

I justify it by telling myself that down the road someone will want to buy that clear 7" for $100.

Of course, I wouldn't sell it for $100, but that's how I justify the purchase. By the fact that maybe I could.

I feel the same way. I wish there were a more affordable way to get it. I can't bring myself to drop $60 more to get a tote bag, shirt, and 7"

Exactly. I don't want a shirt and I sure as hell have no use for a tote bag. I wish there would have been a vinyl bundle for cheaper for those who dont want a shirt or a tote.

are you really that confident that 50 people paid $65-80 before you?

I wouldn't be confident based off of the number of folks that were freaking out about it in their comment section. If you're going to buy it eventually anyway, might as well pull the trigger now, but with the proper expectations that you might not get a clear 7".

$80 was a high price, but they did a lot for this release. Also I would have probably pledged more for the same stuff if they did a pledge! Also this Movie they made is pretty sweet from what I see! Maybe I am crazy but I think it's going to be worth it!

No, I'm with you on this and approached it in the same way. You're getting a limited variant, hand numbered 7" with two very good songs (and a shot at an extremely limited color run) -- not just hastily put together throwaways, along with a film they self produced (people keep leaving that out for some reason) that features a tone of stripped down live renditions of songs from the album, a t-shirt -- which if it's half as good as the last one, I'll wear fairly regularly and free shipping.

Yeah the tote is whatever, but this is a band that's self-funded and as Jonny said, if this was a kickstarter, we would all probably be tripping over ourselves to pay for these and support this band. If this helps them do a wider tour and record albums I'm the future, it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I took that as they are pressing Daytrotters SESSIONS. He said that they can never get the rights to press ANimal agian. Any thoughts anyone?

Seeing how much of a hard time they had with Epic trying to get Animal out, i have to agree that it's a long shot for them to get the rights to repress Animal. I would lean more towards the daytrotter sessions also. 

I took that as they are pressing Daytrotters SESSIONS. He said that they can never get the rights to press ANimal agian. Any thoughts anyone?

Ah, I didn't even think of that. As soon as I heard "Animal" and "re-issue" I just automatically assumed Animal! and Not Animal were being repressed. I'm ok with the Daytrotter sessions as well though!

is the single on the website the same one in the deluxe package?

Yep.

From their Facebook...

"We managed to free up 100 copies of the sister's house/beatin' off in public 7" for non super deluxe pre orderers. Sorry we couldn't do more, but it's essentially sold out already, save these extras we freed up. This is our first 7" of all non album original material, and it serves as a sort of prologue to the new album. This edition is hand numbered and we hope to ship in early January. In other words, soon. Link to buy should be up by 9pm ET."