PO: Neck Deep - Wishful Thinking

Neck Deep's new full length "Wishful Thinking" out 1/14/14 on Hopeless Records

First Pressing:

Transparent Turquoise (Banquet Records Exclusive) - /300

Yellow w/Red and Purple Splatter - /500 (Hot Topic Exclusive)

Milky Clear w/White Splatter - /700 (Hopeless Pre-Order Exclusive)

Yellow/Purple Smash - /500 (Retail)

Being that its Hopeless it should be sold other places. Also noticed that there is only one variant so I'll wait and see what else pops up.

that I can do, I noticed that they didn't have any pressing info too. So they will probably post it on other online retailers and send it to record stores?

Banquets has the limited to 300 turquoise, and lists black as the main color, maybe the clear/white splatter is unlimited pre-order?

Usually on merchnow limited preorders you can load up your cart and it will adjust to how many are left. This one just seems to stay at 1000, so you could be right about them pressing however many get ordered after a set period of time.

New track is great, excited for the full release. Ordered the Banquet and Milky White, but the pre-order packages were absolutely horrible, very disappointed in those. I mean come on, tarot cards!?

Thought I was the only one who thinks that's a dumb idea haha. I get that it goes with the artwork theme but I doubt anyone really wants tarot cards...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The tarot cards are an extension of the theme of the album artwork. Whoa conceptual, crazy, right? They seem to be a novelty that's thrown in with the higher tier pre-order bundles.  I think you're mostly paying for the vinyl, cd, poster, t-shirt, crew-neck, and getting the tarot cards thrown in with the big bundle. I doubt they actually add very much to the cost of the bundle, even though it must add to production costs. Yeah, I understand you can't actually use them, there's only 5. 1 card for each band member, a play on the traditional tarot designs. Honestly I think it's just a fun collectable to share the theme of the artwork. If you don't like em you could prob sell the set of 5 to someone who didn't want to shell out for the 2 shirts/poster (all the poster bundles seemed to add quite a bit to shipping, since it must ship seperately in tube.) I think it's kinda like 'hey you must really be into this to buy the record and 2 shirts, etc. here's an exclusive bonus for the fans who are willing to shell out on the big bundles.' Zoltar speaks!

I opted for the clear w/ white vinyl only. (Might also get the CD later on, opted not to for now, since it was bundled with a poster and the tube makes the price go way up.) Now here's hoping Hopeless represses the 2xEP 12" (Would be cool if they also did a CD version.)

Anyone else notice the black is 1 pound more than the turquoise? That's odd, I wonder if its 180g black, I doubt it since it isn't stated anywhere.

Had the stream on repeat while I worked tonight. Not as raw as the EPs but I like it still. Glad I grabbed that crazy mega bundle

Yeah I agree it isn't as raw, but I kind of like that as well.

Overall this is a pretty impressive debut album. I think I'm going to try and grab the hot topic exclusive variant of this.