Old Drive Thru roster apreesh

I heard an angle before bright eyes and thought it was really good,

but I kept reading about him being a rip off. Then I heard the real thing..

I couldn't listen to that cd again.

Mothermania/Cousin Oliver = Awesome.

I think jenoah was the only new dt band that was even alright. Hellogoodbye too,

before they made a real record.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard an angle before bright eyes and thought it was really good,

but I kept reading about him being a rip off. Then I heard the real thing..

I couldn't listen to that cd again.

Mothermania/Cousin Oliver = Awesome.

I think jenoah was the only new dt band that was even alright. Hellogoodbye too,

before they made a real record.

the hellogoodbye ep was amazing. the full length was horrid.

orange one has Allister 'Dead Ends and Girlfriends', RXB 'Halfway Between...' and Benjamins 'The Art of Disappointment

black one is EP's and has Finch 'Falling Into Place', Moveilife 'Gambling Problem', NFG 'Screen to Stereo' and Starting Line ' With Hopes..'

although the finch cd is pretty bashed up from flying round the garden one summer's night after a buddy took offence to them

in the b-sides/rarities thread in one of the early pages, i uploaded Last Summer's cd that they released on drive thru. i also have the Welcome To The Family cd, pizza box and all. the cd's a bit scratched up, but let me see if i can't get those songs ripped.

last summer was good, but they were better as the supermarket allstars

Ever since the Starting Line show here in Dallas, I've been listening to Say It Like You Mean It non stop.

Then I got to thinking, until MCA/Geffen stole all of their artists, every single Drive Thru release was amazing:

Allister, Home Grown, Movielife, New Found Glory, Finch, RX Bandits, Early November, etc.

I remember pretty much just staying at the Drive Thru stage at Warped Tour in '04(?) all day b/c there wasn't a bad band all day.

Good memories.

Edit: Oh yes...Midtown and Something Corporate were also amazing.

And who could forget Fenix TX!!!

Truth here. I miss these days so bad.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember the first Playing 4 Square cd had Drive-Thru on it. First time I heard New Found Glory was playing the comp in my car. I loved the whole thing, but the Drive-Thru portion was always my favorite. I need to break this shit out.

Suburban Home was actually one of the labels on this particular Playing 4 Square.

• 4 years later...

I used to love this label (NFG, TSL, Midtown, Movielife) until they started signing a bunch of strange bands, then I started hearing a lot of weird things about the label itself to the point where I couldn't bring myself to support anything by them.  I still get nostalgic and listen to the pop punk I was in love with when I was 19.

I remember them crying bloody murder over Chris Carabba signing with Vagrant records after he slept on their floor and were their best friends, then, 6 months later, signing a deal with RCA/MGM/whatever corporate label.  never cared for this label, enjoyed bands who were on it, but made an effort to "steal" their music online or buy it directly from the bands on tour.