Death Cab For Cutie Misprint Screened Sleeves

Questions?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What price would you be okay with paying/seems fair?

• <$10
    • $10-20
    • $20-30
    • $30-40
    • $40 +
  2. 2. What style of sleeve?

• Regular jacket
    • 12x12 front with folded half back, card stock (similar to many label test covers)
  3. 3. Artwork style?

• Identical to the real covers
    • Similar/inspired by real covers
    • Completely different

i tried having someone make me silkscreen covers for each LP but it didn't work out, guy got too busy.

but now i'm thinking maybe instead of (or in addition to) making a jacket for each one,  we could do a box to hold them all with a cool thing on the front sort of like that tree coming out of the circle graphic.

Ok, so I'm thinking it's going to be 7 custom sleeves. I'd like to keep them to one or two color printings, maybe three depending on the designs complexity. That being said, for ink, emulsion, screens, and other supplies this may run around $100-$150. So I'm thinking somewhere around $20-25 for the set, plus like $3 shipping. Therefore if at least 10 people order I can easily cover the costs and stuff. I want to get an idea of what you guys would like for designs though, so throw anything in for discussion!

Ok, so I'm thinking it's going to be 7 custom sleeves. I'd like to keep them to one or two color printings, maybe three depending on the designs complexity. That being said, for ink, emulsion, screens, and other supplies this may run around $100-$150. So I'm thinking somewhere around $20-25 for the set, plus like $3 shipping. Therefore if at least 10 people order I can easily cover the costs and stuff. I want to get an idea of what you guys would like for designs though, so throw anything in for discussion!

Wait, why 7 sleeves? I thought only 5 were mislabeled: 

you can play these songs with chords

we have the facts

forbidden love

photo album

stability ep

My choices were in line with the popular vote for every category except "regular jacket" vs "foldover sleeve".

My misprints are in white dust sleeves inside of poly sleeves. I was thinking a regular jacket would offer some more protection and visibility on my shelf when they are filed in with my other LPs.

Anyone care to share why they voted for foldover?

My choices were in line with the popular vote for every category except "regular jacket" vs "foldover sleeve".

My misprints are in white dust sleeves inside of poly sleeves. I was thinking a regular jacket would offer some more protection and visibility on my shelf when they are filed in with my other LPs.

Anyone care to share why they voted for foldover?

I voted for foldover with the thought that it'd be a little less-expensive than a regular jacket. I didn't want to drop $40 on sleeves, but knowing that this will be $23-$28, I'm down for whatever the group consensus is. 

Also, count me in!

Wait, why 7 sleeves? I thought only 5 were mislabeled: 

you can play these songs with chords

we have the facts

forbidden love

photo album

stability ep

I did not know this. My bad, like I originally said I just bought some of these and I'm still waiting for them to come in. 

Keep the ideas coming people though!