Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

7 and 2 in my $500 league. Almost guaranteed to make the playoffs. 4 dudes make it, payouts are $4500, $1000, $500. Pretty stoked about that. Team puts up 150 points every week.

Shitty part is that you are not allowed to make trades (the idea being that when playing for that much money, to avoid a shotstorm of bitching over a bad trade that every knows up front that trading is just not allowed). Sitting guys like vereen in PPR format and probably have gotten 30 points all year out of the TE position (drafted Cameron pretty high, and played him all the wrong weeks).

A guy in one of my leagues wants to trade me McCoy for Maclin and Vernon Davis.

My current RBs are Lacy and Ellington

WRs are Antonio Brown, Maclin, Marshall, and Gordon when he returns.

TE is Kelse and Davis.

What do you guys think?

Here is what I'm worried about. With Foles out 6-8 weeks Maclin will be dependent on Sanchez. He looked decent on Sunday, but can he carry that through? Maybe Maclin will be like a Josh Gordon who can produce no matter who is QB, but I have a feeling Philly is going to go run heavy for the stretch.

Here is what I'm worried about. With Foles out 6-8 weeks Maclin will be dependent on Sanchez. He looked decent on Sunday, but can he carry that through? Maybe Maclin will be like a Josh Gordon who can produce no matter who is QB, but I have a feeling Philly is going to go run heavy for the stretch.

I disagree. It doesn't matter who the Eagles have under center they will still throw the ball a ton. Essentially the deal is McCoy for Maclin because Vernon Davis is nothing this year. He's just a name from what he has done in the past. Does your league use a flex? It's a tough call, but I would probably hold onto Maclin.

Currently it's a 60-40 pass to run ratio and they've played from behind in 4 or 5 games. Wouldn't say that's "throwing a ton". McCoy will not only get the most of the carries but he'll benefit with check downs from an untrusted Sanchez. Make the trade.

My bad. Didn't realize that you were the resident fact checker here. I take it you have watched every Eagles game and know how they run their offense. We'll just have to agree to disagree about our opinions of this trade. Also, check the ranks for both Maclin and McCoy in ESPN and Yahoo. Maclin is a top 20 player right now in both, and McCoy is 76 in Yahoo and 100 in ESPN. As much as i'm not a huge fan of rankings, but the huge difference has to mean something.

ok so i am 3rd on the waiver list.  do i waste a waiver pick for alfred blue keeping the top team in my league who has foster from picking him up?  blue could potentially start in my flex if foster is out.

i have been holding on this waiver pick for sometime and i don't see it gaining value in the upcoming weeks.  i should also note that this is a 14 team league so slim picking on the waiver.

whats a dude to do???????

My bad. Didn't realize that you were the resident fact checker here. I take it you have watched every Eagles game and know how they run their offense. We'll just have to agree to disagree about our opinions of this trade. Also, check the ranks for both Maclin and McCoy in ESPN and Yahoo. Maclin is a top 20 player right now in both, and McCoy is 76 in Yahoo and 100 in ESPN. As much as i'm not a huge fan of rankings, but the huge difference has to mean something.

Goddamn, when did everyone become an overly sensitive little girl on our NFL related boards? Jesusfuckingchrist.

Byes are seriously putting me to the test again this week. League 1 saw an entire bench's worth of players, including Tom Terrific, out of action. Now I'm stuck picking from David Carr and Mark Sanchez.

It definitely doesn't help that Bernard is unlikely to play again, when Oliver is also on bye.