Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

never too early for some fantasy football right?

I'm in a 12-team keeper PPR league.. and we can only keep 2 guys.. I have

Demaryius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Alshon Jeffrey, Dez Bryant and Adrian Peterson.. I need to keep 2 and try to trade the other 3 for draft picks.. yeah, we roll that way. I'd like to keep Dez and D Thomas.. what do you guys think?

I would swap Dez for Graham

never too early for some fantasy football right?

I'm in a 12-team keeper PPR league.. and we can only keep 2 guys.. I have

Demaryius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Alshon Jeffrey, Dez Bryant and Adrian Peterson.. I need to keep 2 and try to trade the other 3 for draft picks.. yeah, we roll that way. I'd like to keep Dez and D Thomas.. what do you guys think?

Keep Graham and Peterson.

Like others were saying, Graham is a stud at a position with few who put up consistently big fantasy points.

And RB is always hard because young guys are always in flux on rosters and so many RBs by committee or goal line guys. AP does it all for the Vikings. Unless you have a good chance to get LeSean McCoy, then don't give him up.

Keep Graham and Peterson.

Like others were saying, Graham is a stud at a position with few who put up consistently big fantasy points.

And RB is always hard because young guys are always in flux on rosters and so many RBs by committee or goal line guys. AP does it all for the Vikings. Unless you have a good chance to get LeSean McCoy, then don't give him up.

I'm keeping Graham in one of my leagues for sure.  Solid choice for sure.

So in my league we have one keeper, and you get to draft him in the same round you did last year. Should I keep Demaryius Thomas, who I drafted in the third round last year, or Giovanni Bernard in the sixth round. Would have kept Josh Gordon, but he's probably done for the year.

I've never heard of it done this way before, but I like it

So in my league we have one keeper, and you get to draft him in the same round you did last year. Should I keep Demaryius Thomas, who I drafted in the third round last year, or Giovanni Bernard in the sixth round. Would have kept Josh Gordon, but he's probably done for the year.

Demaryius Thomas

I'd also keep Demaryius Thomas.  He was a bit of a wild card for me last year, he'd have an amazing week and then nothing much the next.  Also Josh Gordon is done?  Did he have some bad "off field" behavior recently?

I've never heard of it done this way before, but I like it

This is a great idea.

I'd also keep Demaryius Thomas.  He was a bit of a wild card for me last year, he'd have an amazing week and then nothing much the next.  Also Josh Gordon is done?  Did he have some bad "off field" behavior recently?

I agree with DT. Gordon threw everything away. He was already facing a 1 year suspension for failing drug tests, the over the last weekend was arrested for DWI. My guess is he won't get the ban hammer, but he won't be trusted by many once he is able to play again in a year or more.  

This is a great idea.

I agree with DT. Gordon threw everything away. He was already facing a 1 year suspension for failing drug tests, the over the last weekend was arrested for DWI. My guess is he won't get the ban hammer, but he won't be trusted by many once he is able to play again in a year or more.  

So Gordon got suspended for the 2014 season?

That blows, I had him on my team last year and he consistently put up ]great numbers.  I know he was interviewed last year and said something like "I know teams won't put up with my bad behavior anymore so I'm going to cool it and shape up."  But we all know how those things go.....

I guess I won't be keeping him this year.

Either one is a good pick.  A 6th rounder for Gio would be a steal, but DT is 1st round caliber.  Can't go wrong with either, in my opinion.

Here are the keeper rules for my fantasy football league. Everyone drafted in the 6th round or later is eligible to be kept. A manager can keep a player for 2 years and whatever round they were drafted in is the draft round status they keep for the years that player is kept. Two years ago my brother drafted Peyton Manning in the 11th round. His draft round status was the 11th round last year and 11th round this year. Next year he goes back into the draft pool.

My keeper in one of my leagues is going to be Antonio Brown.  I got him in the 7th round last year which he did pretty damn good and is a great 7th round pick for me this year.

That is a fucking steal and a half.  With no Sanders in Pitt now, I wouldn't be surprised if Antonio is the most heavily targeted WR in the league this year.

Thomas for sure

There's a ton of ways to do keepers that are fun. It mostly just comes down to what kind of league you have. In a cutthroat league where everyone is equally talented, something that spans multiple years and heavily rewards hitting on later picks is ideal. If you have dudes that aren't good consistently year after year and don't know a ton about football, better to have something like a keeper or two per team irregardless of draft position.

You match the system to the league, not the league to the system..