PO: HAVE A NICE LIFE – The Unnatural World LP

jhulud

Wow, had no idea. That kinda blows...

It does, and considering that Dan has also said that a hard drive crash (as well as the length) is what put the kibosh on "Destinos" inclusion on The Unnatural World or a separate release around it, one would hope that they might figure out or use better technology.

The first pressing was mastered from MP3 as well. And so was the CD.

I knew all the vinyl pressings were, but I wasn't sure if the very first CDr run was and did want to speak to that effect.

That is crazy.

Definitely was the first time that I heard this whole mess. 

I have no idea how one would "master" from MP3s, so I am doubting that the new Deathconsciousness press will sound any better than the previous EL ones. Though it could potentially sound worse, like say if they used glow-in-the-dark vinyl for some reason.

I knew all the vinyl pressings were, but I wasn't sure if the very first CDr run was and did want to speak to that effect.

Definitely was the first time that I heard this whole mess. 

I have no idea how one would "master" from MP3s, so I am doubting that the new Deathconsciousness press will sound any better than the previous EL ones. Though it could potentially sound worse, like say if they used glow-in-the-dark vinyl for some reason.

Actually I'm not sure about the CDr, I thought the first CD was a commercial pressing from a glass master. On that CD you can definitely see the high pass cut off on a spectral view.

You can master from MP3, once it is imported into a DAW the DAW just converts it to WAV (obviously it can't do anything about the resolution loss).

The first vinyl pressing wasn't on quiet vinyl, I'm not too sure where they pressed it.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got my Unnatural Worlds (got both) in after contacting Jonathan directly at The Flenser... need to give it 9 more listens.

I don't see folks clamoring or creaming about it on the thread here, what's up? ( "get off my back" already)

But if you have instagram, follow The Flenser if this linkie doesn't workie:

http://instagram.com/p/lOQZhkRqmn/

backscratch.gif

From The Flenser:

First press is now sold out. You order the second pressing should start shipping the week of 3/24/14 to the week of 3/31/14.

The repress jacket has a different rougher stock than the original album

http://store.theflenser.com/product/have-a-nice-life-the-unnatural-world-lp-pre-order

• 3 months later...