PO: Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings

not sure if anyone like Sharon Jones..  but here's her new LP pre order with a limited blue (limited to 300)

http://daptonerecords.com/pre-order-sharon-jones-the-dap-kings-g-t-p-w-t-w-us-pre-sale-tickets-now-available/

Pre-order Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings’ ‘G.T.P.W.T.W’, US Pre-Sale Tickets Now Available

Ladies and Gentlemen of the greater SOUL community, we are beside ourselves with delight to announce the release of Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings highly anticipated fifth album, Give The People What They Want. The 10 song masterpiece will not be on the shelves of your local record haunt until Jan. 14th, but fret not for we empathize with your Soulful plight, and are happy to offer a variety of preorder delights.

As a special treat to our beloved analog community, we are offering a 45 featuring two hit songs from said LP, that will ship IMMEDIATELY on all specified vinyl preorders.  That’s right,  get your preorder in today and be the first one on the block to have two brand new tracks from Sharon and Co. – TWO MONTHS BEFORE STREET DATE Dig below for our extensive list of deals and exclusives. All orders will be shipped for arrival Jan. 14th.  Also, the first 300 orders for stereo vinyl LPs will come on SUPER LIMITED, BLUE MARBLED WAX. Also the First 200 Compact Discs ordered will be signed by the undisputed Queen Of Modern Soul, Miss Sharon Jones.

Had it in my cart and then came the $11.25 shipping cost. Nope.

I usually buy my daptone releases on ebreggae.com. They end up carrying most of the daptone catalog, and they've always been super reasonable with shipping, with many options. Aside from that, they always have cool soul and reggae records worth picking up, they pack their shit like a champ and have awesome customer service. I've been buying from them for well over 10 years. If you don't mind waiting, and don't care about the pre order colored vinyl, I'd check it out there.

Guest Justin Maheiny

I usually buy my daptone releases on ebreggae.com. They end up carrying most of the daptone catalog, and they've always been super reasonable with shipping, with many options. Aside from that, they always have cool soul and reggae records worth picking up, they pack their shit like a champ and have awesome customer service. I've been buying from them for well over 10 years. If you don't mind waiting, and don't care about the pre order colored vinyl, I'd check it out there.

Mono vs. stereo man. Get right or get left behind.

I was planning on just buying it at the show, since that is on the calendar. I look forward to getting the special colored record though. i don't remember Daptone ever doing limited colored editions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just saw Sharon Jones in SF this weekend. WOW! For anyone who hasn't seen her yet, you have to go. I was so damn tired that night and really just wanted to sit in the back somewhere, but my wife wanted to be upfront. I ended up dancing the whole time and then got on stage with a bunch of people to dance. I even danced with one of the back up singers and I don't usually dance. Sharon Jones is a fireball of energy. Truly one of the greatest performers I have ever seen.