PO: Of Mice & Men - Restoring Force

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Justin Maheiny

The band has one of the most unoriginal idiotic names of all time. Why would you be surprised the music sucks?

Of Mice & Men won a god damn Pulitzer Prize and is required reading for high school sophomores throughout America. John Steinbeck is one of America's most accomplished and beloved authors. He has a museum dedicated to him. HE WAS ON A US POSTAGE STAMP! If you're going to lift your band name from one of the most obvious sources of all time, you have no original ideas and have no business putting out music.

Guest Justin Maheiny

The Devil Wears Prada did the exact same thing and it seems like they're much more respected on here. So..

Haha. I started to write about that in my last post but erased it.

I hate that name too but, from what I hear, they picked it prior to it becoming a movie. That doesn't make it acceptable but at least it was just a pop culture thing a lot of people, mostly men, wouldn't have been aware of if it hadn't become a movie. I still think it's a completely stupid and unoriginal name as well. But Of Mice & Men is considered one of the most cherished books of the 20th century that pretty much everyone is aware of. It's like calling your band The Grapes of Wrath or To Kill A Mockingbird. A really pathetic way of coming up with a band name. 

The band has one of the most unoriginal idiotic names of all time. Why would you be surprised the music sucks?

Of Mice & Men won a god damn Pulitzer Prize and is required reading for high school sophomores throughout America. John Steinbeck is one of America's most accomplished and beloved authors. He has a museum dedicated to him. HE WAS ON A US POSTAGE STAMP! If you're going to lift your band name from one of the most obvious sources of all time, you have no original ideas and have no business putting out music.

Who said I was surprised?

Alright yeah, The Devil Wears Prada isn't the greatest band and it's not the most original name either. They took the name from the book because they thought it was good for expressing their non-materialistic mindset. But it's not like it's just these new bands who are unoriginal. Genesis took their name from one of the books of the Bible and I feel like the Bible is a bit more popular than Of Mice and Men. It's cool if you don't like the band. I don't like them all that much myself. But I'm sure there are some people on this forum who actually care about this preorder. This thread is for a preorder. Not for dickheads like you to criticize the band name and preach about how "accomplished and beloved' George Steinbeck is.

Guest Justin Maheiny

Alright yeah, The Devil Wears Prada isn't the greatest band and it's not the most original name either. They took the name from the book because they thought it was good for expressing their non-materialistic mindset. But it's not like it's just these new bands who are unoriginal. Genesis took their name from one of the books of the Bible and I feel like the Bible is a bit more popular than Of Mice and Men. It's cool if you don't like the band. I don't like them all that much myself. But I'm sure there are some people on this forum who actually care about this preorder. This thread is for a preorder. Not for dickheads like you to criticize the band name and preach about how "accomplished and beloved' George Steinbeck is.

I must have missed the part where I said I liked Genesis' band name.

But you clearly missed the part where the guy who started this thread added that he thought the album was shit and sounded like Nickelback meets hardcore.

You'd think a guy with a not-so-serious cartoon avatar wouldn't get butt hurt so easily. Your mixed messages are perplexing.

I must have missed the part where I said I liked Genesis' band name.

But you clearly missed the part where the guy who started this thread added that he thought the album was shit and sounded like Nickelback meets hardcore.

You'd think a guy with a not-so-serious cartoon avatar wouldn't get butt hurt so easily. Your mixed messages are perplexing.

I never said you liked Genesis' band name. Didn't even imply it. Was merely using it as an example.

The guy who started this thread bought the album, listened to it, and gave his opinion on it for others who might want to know what it's like. You just came on this thread and started bitching about the band's name, which was completely irrelevant.

I'm not butt hurt, it's just bullshit when people come on to threads for the sole purpose of criticizing. If the thread doesn't appeal to you or interest you, ignore it.

Guest Justin Maheiny

I never said you liked Genesis' band name. Didn't even imply it. Was merely using it as an example.

The guy who started this thread bought the album, listened to it, and gave his opinion on it for others who might want to know what it's like. You just came on this thread and started bitching about the band's name, which was completely irrelevant.

I'm not butt hurt, it's just bullshit when people come on to threads for the sole purpose of criticizing. If the thread doesn't appeal to you or interest you, ignore it.

I'm sorry. Now that I know it's off limits here. I will no longer criticize a band's name.

p.s.

My favorite Genesis song is Counting Out Time. Erogenous zones I love you!!

• 4 weeks later...

http://merchnow.com/products/173368/restoring-force-blue--black-lp

Does anyone know if this a repress of some sort or something else? This wasn't up before and was just recently put up on merchnow

That color is so slick though. Almost tempted to spend a few extra and get it through Merchnow.