So, VC: What'd you get for the holidays?

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon from my parents, which is beyond anything I would have ever expected. A new tape deck, socks, underwear, that stuff. They also got me some records:

Slayer - Reign in Blood (Red)

Life of Agony - Ugly

The White Stripes - Under Great White Northern Lights

Third Eye Blind - S/T and Blue

The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards

My girlfriend went a little overboard with a $150 dollar gift card to my favorite record store and a new watch. She is incredibly, insanely thoughtful.

Lots of great stuff this year.

From the Boyfriend:

- The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill vinyl

- Daft Punk Random Access Memories vinyl

- Molecule-R Siphon R-Evolution Culinary hot/cold Whipper kit

From the family:

- Japanese vegetable mandolin

- Kitchen Revelry cookbook

- clothes

- new ornaments for the tree

- a new apron, re-usable bag, trivet and neck warmer

- bath and body works plug-in scent stuff

- a bottle of Tito's Vodka

- Hawaiian coffee beans

- lots of candy and random stocking stuffer knick knacks

Only two owl themed gifts out of everything I got this year. So proud of my family for thinking outside the box.  :lol:

It was a great Christmas!!

The fam doesn't really do Christmas that hardcore since the kids all grew up, but they did give me a very nice winter coat that I enjoy.

But then

j9fh.jpg

My girlfriend is crazy. This shit wasn't exactly cheap, I know it. The Drippers goes for 50 at least. And it's scratch-n-sniff, although I can't really make out the scent, smells like sandalwood to me but that's not an option so it might be Campfire. Or Dirt. I dunno.

Supremely happy with these, and I'm glad I didn't win the SecularHaze contest where he straight up bought someone a record, otherwise I woulda had two Teebs and felt bad

Such a great christmas. My grandparents decided to come down too FL last minute which meant a lot to me. From the gf: Third eye blind-st, Blink 182- Buddah and an awesome hogwarts alumni shirt. My dad/step mom: 100 bucks, Starbucks gift card and 10 old but awesome used records he found for me. The grandparents: New pots and pans set, new knife set and a Outback Steakhouse gift card. My mom/stepdad: a signed copy of converge-axe to fall, Daylight- Jar, Daylight and tigers jaw shirts and an awesome vintage Smashing Pumpkins shirt from the Siamese Dream years, a bunch of socks and undies, a sweet tampa bay lightning SnapBack. And mom used to do vericose vein treatments on Phil espositos wife and got a signed 1996 all star game puck from him and decided to pass it down to me. So crazy. Oh and some assorted giftcards and some awesome drawings of a cool otter piece (I love otters) and an awesome drawing of venkman from ghostbusters.

From my boyfriend:

- North Face jacket

- Claddagh ring

- Counting Crows - August and Everything After 2xLP

- A memory wheel that he made from an old bicycle wheel

From my boyfriend's family:

- Ninja blender (for both of us)

- Kiel James Patrick anchor bracelet

- Kiel James Patrick Barnstable Bag

- J. Crew flats

- Handmade arm knit scarf

- Stephen Shore photographic report book

From my family:

- ThinkTank Retrospective 10 camera bag (for when I don't need to pack all my gear)

- Clothes

- Scarf

- Wallet

- Puma flats

- Frame

- Stocking stuffer-y things

My Dad also gave me (too much) money because I had mentioned at some point that I was saving for a new lens.  With that donation I was able to go start a layaway on the lens yesterday. I'm super grateful and thankful for everything.

My Mom actually got me the Zombi mailorder exclusive reissue bundle on cool colors from Relapse. 

My laptop screen went to shit recently, so my Dad and Sister got me best buy gift cards. 

My Brother got me the script book for Se7en/8mm, which is really hard to find, the Halo 4 guide, and an insane work knife.

a pair of Sperry Topsider Chukkas from J. Crew

the Packers sideline winter cap

a national shirt, a self defense family shit, and a touché amoré shirt

russian circles memorial on blue

the bled pass the flask on grey

comeback kid wake up the dead on yellow

some levi 508s

some adidas/derrick rose shorts

bunch of cash/gift cards

and a funko pop vinyl of gunther from adventure time

it was fun - very lucky.

I love these. are you guys irish?

I am. Erik is imported directly from Colombia, haha.  For 25 years of my life, plus most of my Dad's life, we were told that we were Polish.  My Dad did some genealogy research and actually went to Ireland this time last year and found out that we are super Irish.  He went with his brother and found one of their cousins in Kilmacthomas for the first time ever.  He's been a great help to my Dad ever since with finding out our family's history.  I'm working on my dual citizenship at the moment, haha.  We just need to locate my grandmother's birth certificate.

Alright, my family and I finally did our post-Christmas gift exchange earlier this evening, so I can list everything I got:

Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer

Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch tablet

FL Studio 11 Fruity Edition

Spin Clean record washer

Dance Gavin Dance vinyl box set*

Brita pitcher and replacement filters

Huntington Beach combination toaster/toaster oven

The Cars - Greatest Hits LP

Year-long subscription to a local magazine

Two packs of boxers

This cup thing that you freeze and then put soda into and squeeze a few times and it turns the soda into a slushie

A dinky little flashlight

$25 Amazon card

$35 cash

The subwoofer and Spin Clean were actually total surprises to me; I had mentioned wanting a subwoofer but never actually thought the parental units would get one for me (apparently, my dad got a really good deal on it), and I put "record cleaning brush" on my list, not thinking they'd want to get an actual "machine" because of the cost. $80 is a lot of money to my parents, especially for something like a record washer. I'm really grateful that I even got this much stuff in the first place; not to mention, I got to visit all of my family and have a wonderful night in with my parents and sister, which was honestly good enough of a present for me to begin with. Christmas was totally radass this year.

(*I ordered the DGD box set back when they first went up on MerchNow, but I didn't actually get it until the day after Christmas, so I'll go ahead and count that as a "Christmas present" to myself.)

waffle maker, syrup, waffle mix

archers of loaf - white trash heroes

washed out - paracosm

the weeknd - house of balloons

watch the throne - watch the throne

kevin devine tshirt

whiskey glasses

those are all wonderful, but i'm going to be really corny. the time i got to spend with my friends and family this christmas was by far the best part. one of my best friends got engaged, and i could not be happier for them. many of us gathered on monday to celebrate. on christmas eve, we were treated to the unexpected arrival of my cousin and her fiancee- my aunt flew them in from oregon without telling anybody. with them, and the rest of that side of the family, we had an absolute blast on christmas day. and even after drunken caroling, i still came home to 3 of my best friends- we concluded the holiday with egg nog and a terrible abc family christmas movie starring clarissa and slater.

My folks, sisters and their families really overdid it this year:

Dance Gavin Dance box set,

Despicable me 2 

Splinter Cell Blacklist 

Alexisonfire boxset (pretty surprised and stoked on this one)

Botch's  We are the Romans

Vanna's "Preying/Purging" 7" as well as a beanie

Alexisonfire farewell poster

I agree with Ry Toast though, the family time was the best part. My niece just recently got engaged so it was pretty neat having the family Christmas with her fiance (who is also a music/vinyl buff) for the first year.