shopgoodwill records

Do you live in FL? If so yeah I would recommend finding a different group than goodwill to donate to, however...

if you live some where else, then look into your local goodwill. Every region is completely different. Most of our workers make above minimum wage (however I am interested to see how this goes now that minimum wage is going up again.)

Please don't throw stuff away that could easily be donated to help out your community.

I'm mobile so can't up or down vote. But STL Ben is the man

I always donate clothes to the clothing bank here in town... and I live in a town of about 17,000 people, so I'm sure most towns/cities have something similar. They give the clothes to people who need it. It does not cost a thing to people who receive the clothing and it's still a tax write-off. I highly encourage looking into something this!

We have a similar 'brand' here in the UK called oxfam. Same kinda deal, anything of interest goes online while the stores just carry endless rows of oklahoma soundtracks and copies of bat out of hell. I did manage to pick up The Misfits - Walk among us for £3 but I think that was because it was halloween and it had a sticker proclaiming 'scare the kids this halloween with monster rock'

Will do.  My location is not one of the bigger locations.  I listed items coming in from 40 stores in the St Louis region, but the average store only sends in about 25-50 items a month.  I list lots of turntables and speakers, but very few records.  I'll keep this thread up to date with cool stuff..

A lot of thinks get relisted because there is a lot of no-pay bidders. Unlike eBay you don't have to link your account to a credit card and you can set up multiple accounts with the same email address. It is really dumb but I am not in charge of that...

About 10-20% of our items we have to relist because the bidder doesn't pay. Trust me I don't have the time to bid up and relist items just to try again, I would much rather get it sold fast. We put reserves on the very few things we want to reach a certain amount (mainly gold items.)

• 2 weeks later...

270 for the Dual T/T? LOL.  Well i just got fired from a Goodwill, first time ever being fired. I managed. We had a big meeting with "mission" and the V.P.'s and how we are going to exploit the new Govt pay programs for working disabled people, seriously.  This meant i had to fudge my store books as manager, i said this is fucked up, they said your fired.

270 for the Dual T/T? LOL.  Well i just got fired from a Goodwill, first time ever being fired. I managed. We had a big meeting with "mission" and the V.P.'s and how we are going to exploit the new Govt pay programs for working disabled people, seriously.  This meant i had to fudge my store books as manager, i said this is fucked up, they said your fired.

Wow.  

It wasn't that exact moment. I went on vacation right after the meeting and was fired upon returning, from vacation. I managed a Savers right after and we paid Big Brothers/Big Sisters Flagstaff/Showlow over $500,000 last year for product.  Goodwill has none of those costs, and that is for a small market.  I prefer smaller local thrift shops.

It wasn't that exact moment. I went on vacation right after the meeting and was fired upon returning, from vacation. I managed a Savers right after and we paid Big Brothers/Big Sisters Flagstaff/Showlow over $500,000 last year for product.  Goodwill has none of those costs, and that is for a small market.  I prefer smaller local thrift shops.

What'd they fire you for?