Kanye West - 808's and Heartbreaks up for Pre-Order on SRC

ddoherty

They do, but I wouldn't count on them bringing this in. PS. the one downtown is called Spin-it, if it matters. 

Would Taz bring this in?

I work at Taz, we could probably get this in and I'm almost positive we will have it. We had/have the DMX reissues. I don't see 808s as available through our usual distributor yet but I don't have access to all the distribution the owner uses.

In the world of hip hop it's a classic, it basically influenced every hip hop album since in some way

You not thinking it's a classic means you don't listen to hip hop, period

This album definitely grew on me. It took about 2 years to sink in but now I love it! All the songs are solid greatness! I do consider 808s classic! Bad News, See you in my Nightmares, Love Lockdown are amazing. I don't really like Lil Wayne but See you in nightmares sounds too good.

You're just showing your ignorance on hip hop, keep it up

yeah, kause kanye invented the tr-808 and auto-tune.

i really don't get what's with this board and this record. anywhere else you go, people are pretty much in agreement that it's his worst. i think it's pretty good but not as good as some vc'ers say it is. (i got the OG, cause i must be a bigger fan than you).

In the world of hip hop it's a classic, it basically influenced every hip hop album since in some way

You not thinking it's a classic means you don't listen to hip hop, period

again. i want to highlight how ridiculous this statement is. "world of hip hop", "classic". "basically influenced every hip hop album since in some way".

also, i'm going to go search really hard for someone who does listen to hip hop that does not think it's a "classic". period.  any takers?

yeah it's a great album that inspired many that came after it, but mostly I think it's a pointless argument... the Respect the Classics campaign isn't meant to be taken that damn seriously. Who cares what they call it as long as it's being reissued.

well, i didn't exactly start the argument. someone else did. i just added a laughing joe biden because the statement was funny.

again. i want to highlight how ridiculous this statement is. "world of hip hop", "classic". "basically influenced every hip hop album since in some way".

also, i'm going to go search really hard for someone who does listen to hip hop that does not think it's a "classic". period. any takers?

Obviously literally not every hip hop album was influenced but an entire generation of new rappers have been largely influenced by it. Drake wouldn't be what he is today without that album, he said so himself, gambino, Wayne, many others give large credit to 808s for opening the door to their styles

I really don't give a damn if you like the album or not or find someone who says it sucks, but to deny it's influence just exposes yourself about your knowledge on the genre. Stick to something you know about before talking out your ass

I really don't give a damn if you like the album or not or find someone who says it sucks, but to deny it's influence just exposes yourself about your knowledge on the genre. Stick to something you know about before talking out your ass

LOL. All I did was say your statement was ridiculous. I said I did like the album, I never said it wasn't influential. Stop making shit up. You're starting/finishing an argument with yourself here. I just laughed at you, then you back peddled cause you realized your statement was funny, and I'm the one talking out of my ass? 

this album reminds me of listening to coldplay in a strip club.

i love this record.

t-pain was doing auto tune before this record came out. hip hop influences hip hop and steals from other hip hop. vicious cycle. at least the music is amazing

Cher was doing auto tune before auto tune was anything.

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Jay-Z-Kanye-West-Watch-The-Throne/134141531?ev=bp_titl

You can get the bootleg version, which in my experience have sounded wayyy better than any official press has. My copy of college dropout and late registration sound horrible compared to the bootleg versions of graduation and yeezus.

It's just unofficial, no affiliation with the label and or artist. As far as this release I cannot speak to the quality of the packaging or sound. But assuming it's the same as all of the other Kanye ones they've done, then I'm sure it sounds just as good if not better then an official one. Others on the board can vouch for the German bootleg vendor and the sound quality.

Speaking of Kanye albums, I'm new to vinyl and was wondering why Watch The Throne is so expensive? It seems to be available on most sites, yet it is always over $100. Is it just because it's Jay Z and Kanye together?

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that the fashion company Givenchy did the album covers in some kind of gold.  they have texture to them as well... fancy shit!

Speaking of Kanye albums, I'm new to vinyl and was wondering why Watch The Throne is so expensive? It seems to be available on most sites, yet it is always over $100. Is it just because it's Jay Z and Kanye together?

If you check out the deluxe cd version... it's exactly like that, except it has 2 180gram picture discs. It's very nice... worth the $100+? Probably not... but I got it as a gift and she was able to get it for $75, so I ain't complaining! 

If you check out the deluxe cd version... it's exactly like that, except it has 2 180gram picture discs. It's very nice... worth the $100+? Probably not... but I got it as a gift and she was able to get it for $75, so I ain't complaining!

I was also able to get it around that price, nice to have for diehard fans, not worth the price for casual fans though