Recent purchases

Damn, I guess that means we might have to bid aganst each other eventually. Haha.

Won't be the first and certainly not the last...if I recall correctly I have bid against 3-4 people here for records ever since I joined...thankfully I have not received a "you fuckin' douche thanks for beating me out of that record" message...but I did get one of those a while back (before joining VC) from some kid who was pissed that I beat him...can't remember what record though. I never bothered to reply...

Just won a 4 band- 2 7" split...

Weezer, Phantom Planet, AM Radio, and Ben Kweller benefit album for Petra Haden from 2003.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130187117555

I'm super stoked at the price tag of $2.78 plus shipping.

Anyone know any press info on this or any info period? I know about Petra and all but didn't know about this album

Weezer's website only says this:

title: Petra Haden benefit record

label: Vegas Records/Gimetzco Noise

id #:

released: July 1, 2003

format: double 7" vinyl

songs: includes a live "Why Bother?" from summer 2002

notes: very limited edition 7" vinyl record. all proceeds to help pay ex that dog-er Petra Haden's medical bills from her catastrophic accident in 2000. Also includes tracks from Ben Kweller, Am Radio and Phantom Planet. New [unofficial] Weezer Fan club members to get first crack at it via fanclub mailorder.

this will destroy you - s/t 2xlp - also waiting on a cave in - anchor 7" and a stephen brodsky lp with this order.

What color on the This Will Destroy You?

I picked up a coke bottle Versions :)

i went with red for the TWDY. i felt like ive been getting way too many translucent blue records lately and id rather have red over white.

Guest abravemorning
Knocked another one off of my wants list:

Jimmy Eat World/Christie Front Drive - Split

I was gonna bid on this but it got too rich for my blood. One day I'll stumble across all the early JEW 7"s in a used bin somewhere...

The only reason I went that far is because the seller is local. I knew it'd go for big bucks, but was hoping it wouldn't go over $40.