PO: Floor S/T RP Deluxe & Std Versions - Torche, Cavity, Dove

Guest Justin Maheiny

Guest Justin Maheiny

Repress of Floor's first full length album up for pre-order w/ a Feb. 4th street date.

In case you didn't know, a couple dudes from Floor went on to form Torche. If I recall correctly, the Floor 7"s prior to the release of this LP had a rawer/sludgier sound to them. I remember liking this album when it came out but it sounding quite a bit different than their earlier stuff.

There's a deluxe version on colored vinyl w/ some extras for $29.00 and a standard version for $22.00 from Midheaven.com.

Robotic Empire is putting these out but their online shop is down. May want to wait to order from RE when the shop goes back up, probably cheaper from them.

Kind of surprised No Idea isn't doing this.

RE did the box too. Turned out amaaazing. All Torche's stuff is on there too pretty much. 

Very cool this is happening! This album really is the one that sounds most akin to Torche, more refined and straightforward than some of the earlier stuff. Long live Steve Brooks.

FYI, the top of their website states they are currently doing some site testing and to not place an order.  It has said that all day.

When I was on the website earlier today it allowed to complete an order. 5 minutes later the website went down. I went on my bank website and it says the transaction is in the process of completion.

When I was on the website earlier today it allowed to complete an order. 5 minutes later the website went down. I went on my bank website and it says the transaction is in the process of completion.

Right on. Which variant did you snag? I really want a deluxe. Been watching the site daily but have never been able to order anything.

got to see one of their "Reunion" shows at the venue I work at (Steve's favorite venue in the U.S.) and was absolutely devastated at how few people came out, it was the same night as our new minor league baseball stadium's opening night.   show was so fucking awesome though.  stoked this is getting repressed...wish I had money

Guest Justin Maheiny

I saw them several times between 1998 and 2003 including the Portland Stoner Hands of Doom fest and there was never anyone there for them. Was always that way when I saw Cavity and Buzzoven too. It's pretty depressing when no one shows up to see bands you really really like. It's even crazier when there's no one there and they still manage put on a great show.