Recommend me albums that sound great on vinyl based off my tastes

Yeah, personally I'd start with Keep It Like A Secret or Perfect From Now On if you're getting into BTS. Both are damn near perfect indie rock albums. I consider them must-own as far as that genre goes anyway. You In Reverse is great too but I'd start at their roots. I also LOVE their live album if only for their cover of Neil Young's Cortez The Killer. It's a simply amazing song as it was when Neil recorded it but this re-interpretation is dangerously good and definitely deserves serious mention. By far one of my all-time favorite BTS recordings, even if it's not technically original material.

I'm not sure what constitues as indie, but they are just perfect albums in general. I agree that they are must owns. Cheers, bronies.

The amount of times post-rock has been said on this page makes my head hurt. Fuck.

I've already started making my way through the list. You guys are spot on with these recs. So far I've really loved:

Caspian

Tortoise

The Wrens

American Football

Sunny Day Real Estate

A Great Big Pile of Leaves

Literally just discovered this today, but This Town Needs Guns sounds like a mathier American Football & I'm digging the crap outta this. Listening to 13.0.0.0... right now.

• 1 month later...

The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free

Second this, it is completely different to everything I've listened to before but I honestly struggle to find what appeal The Streets have to Americans, especially on their first album Original Pirate Material as I've seen people want to buy these albums. Can someone from the US shed some light on this?

Second this, it is completely different to everything I've listened to before but I honestly struggle to find what appeal The Streets have to Americans, especially on their first album Original Pirate Material as I've seen people want to buy these albums. Can someone from the US shed some light on this?

I absolutely love The Streets's first two albums and I've lived in the US my whole life. Heard "Let's Push Things Forward" on a CMJ sampler CD (anyone remember those?) and was immediately hooked. I've never thought it to be too British to enjoy, being a stupid Yankee.

Not a huge fan of EITS, but I heard them way way after I'd first heard Mogwai. The Mogwai album Happy Songs for Happy People is one of my favourite post-rock records, and that's with me not being a post-rock fan as such. My girlfriend bought The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place by EITS and all I could think was that it was like a less interesting Happy Songs... by Mogwai. She recently bought Happy Songs... on vinyl too, and it sounds great, so I would definitely recommend that despite what you might have heard by Mogwai before.

If you're interested in that stuff it might be worth giving Earth a listen, but maybe avoid the 90's drone albums (I love them, but might not be necessarily what you're after), and go for the slower twangy stuff released in the 2000s.

Thought I'd let you know I found a copy of the Matador pressing of Happy People today in a tiny bookstore's vinyl section for $20, in great condition (sleeve has some perma fingerprints and some price tag residue but vinyl is VG+, a little surface noise here and there but overall good)

Listening now and really enjoying it compared to other Mogwai I've heard.

• 7 months later...

I've got a suggestion for hip-hop/rap: Eyedea & Abilities. (The late) Eyedea had phenomenal flow, and DJ Abilities cranked out some fantastic beats. Unfortunately, they're pretty difficult to find on wax. But, all of their albums were pressed.

(sample song from their first album, First Born)

The sleeve is a little beat up, but the 3LPs are in NM+ condition!  I really lucked out on finding this one, especially for so cheap.  And when I first spun it (having heard it around 100 or so times before), I noticed something new: Eyes of Today - a vinyl exclusive track!  Definitely worth the money, and it sounds GREAT pressed on vinyl.

lcxvcPX.jpg