PO NOW: Helms Alee - Sleepwalking Sailors @ Sargent House

drds89

http://hellomerch.com/collections/helms-alee

There's Lime Green Vinyl hiding in the with the Shirt Bundle ? number of those

And Translucent Black Smoke /300

Black

I was waiting for a PO to come up and snag the Ocean Blue Russian Circles Memorial

Dang, if shipping on $69 was $21+ :o because of the shirt, in order to get the Lime Green vinyl.

So, I split up the orders to the Bundle ($13.75 Priorty ship, UPS was $18) and the limited Smoke + RC ($6.00 media mail)

Wonder what % of my vinyl habit will be in shipping for 2014? :angry:

I've got my Excel Spreadsheet for 2013 but haven't crunched the numbers yet - I'm betting 20% just for shipping. But hey, you can get stuff from all around the world you never would have had a chance to own before whoopee!!

I don't know how big I am on Helms Alee quite yet, but if they win me over on their tour with Ken Mode and Russian Circles, you better believe I'll grab a copy from their merch booth.

Same here. I am a fan of Verellens though, (mainly Dave cause of Botch) but I am just iffy on the vocal delivery. I dig the instrumentation. I am between a rock and a hard place cause I love Sargent House but adsjf asdjhgaj s  I just don't know. :(

The album artwork is awesome.

This is very true.

Gonna try and make it to that Phoenix show cause This Will Destroy You was added to the bill.

You really ought to.  San Francisco is about 3.5 hours away for me... but within a week's time-frame, I'd have to make three separate trips to catch BTBAM + Deafheaven, Russian Circles, and TWDY.  Highly considering it.

You really ought to.  San Francisco is about 3.5 hours away for me... but within a week's time-frame, I'd have to make three separate trips to catch BTBAM + Deafheaven, Russian Circles, and TWDY.  Highly considering it.

I can relate to your traveling troubles. I am trying to catch all the bands you are. Probably flying solo to Salt Lake to catch Deafheaven mid Feb since my friends bailed cause it's the day after Valentine's Day. (Women...) It's a 7 hour drive for me but I think it'll be worth it cause I've never driven there by myself and I believe they are headlining, whereas with BTBAM they are not. (I think)

I don't know how big I am on Helms Alee quite yet, but if they win me over on their tour with Ken Mode and Russian Circles, you better believe I'll grab a copy from their merch booth.

You've got to at least listen once to Night Terror. At least the first four tracks, but the whole album is just killer for me.  Weatherhead is very good as well, maybe weak at a few spots here and there compared to Night Terror, and I picked up one of the tests when HH had the 20% off sale around Christmas. Lionize single:  had to have all 3 flavors.

They have moments of mathiness and great chops a prog person can groove too, great guitar tones (dem Amps!), Ben's roars have the fire, passion and intensity that I like, and then he can harmonize with the ladies - who can either go sweet and clean or gritty.

I'm sorely jealous West Coast is getting HA with Russian Circles and we're getting KEN mode (again), but we're getting the heavy doom sludge of Inter Arma from our local Richmond scene.

Would love to see Helms, Glaciers and Grayceon [edit: and Giant Squid :) ] team up and come play some East Coast shows, but that will never happen. Dreams.

Helms led me back to check out some Harkonen stuff which was also very good and I ended up buying Shake Harder Boy. 

So the Lime Green is /100 with the shirt? (and I didn't need anymore shirts!)

Heck, I can't believe I paid $9 difference for the Nothing /500 Black-White (Five-hundred!!) vs. the /750 on Relapse last week?  $9 difference - insane.

I was waiting for the first Sargent House PO to get that RC Memorial in Blue. ERR and Marriages have stuff i'm going to be blowing $$ on this year as well.

Same here. I am a fan of Verellens though, (mainly Dave cause of Botch) but I am just iffy on the vocal delivery. I dig the instrumentation. I am between a rock and a hard place cause I love Sargent House but adsjf asdjhgaj s  I just don't know. :(

Just got pics from Verellen of my Meatsmoke shell - can't wait to get the amp! 

1496475_10101011974606868_1471615415_o.j

They have moments of mathiness and great chops a prog person can groove too, great guitar tones (dem Amps!), Ben's roars have the fire, passion and intensity that I like, and then he can harmonize with the ladies - who can either go sweet and clean or gritty.

Congratulations sir, this made me go back and listen with my headphones. I guess Ben's vocals are a grower, cause it does go pretty well with the harmonies.  I would really like a lime green but I'll pick up the trans smoke. And if I didn't mention it already I fucking love Sargent House. This is the first release of the new year for them, correct?

Popped in to advise that if you have the chance to see this band live, do not sleep on it.  I've seen them twice, once opening for Young Widows and once opening for Big Business, and they've successfully upstaged both by a long shot.

If you're only half way sold by listening to their recorded output, do yourself a favor and go have your mind blown live.  Keep your eyes on the drummer...  she's an absolute beast.

Popped in to advise that if you have the chance to see this band live, do not sleep on it.  I've seen them twice, once opening for Young Widows and once opening for Big Business, and they've successfully upstaged both by a long shot.

If you're only half way sold by listening to their recorded output, do yourself a favor and go have your mind blown live.  Keep your eyes on the drummer...  she's an absolute beast.

Man I hope one day to see them.  And agreed, on Hoz, she's just great on the kit - and self-labeled as not a gear head either - same kit she's always had since a kid. (So I guess Ben makes up for that with the custom Amp bizness)