Rise Records vinyl / Hot Topic exclusives (updated 9/9)

travis

Rise working on third presses of DBM and acceptance speech during same time as second press of rest of collection. And if merchnow matches the pattern, there will be 5 variants of DBM and AS and 3 variants of the rest of the collection.

i dont think merchnow released a 3rd press for DBM/AS (so far the boxset & the blue/green)

just recently received their three full lengths (minus eat sleep repeat, seeing as that one doesnt seem to make as much noise with fans). Will have to listen to YAMS ASAP then.

ESR was the beginning of their change into what became the full realized masterpiece of YAMS. Their sound got better with age but I think the songwriting lacked somewhat on it. All of their albums are pretty fantastic, though. Probably my second favorite band, after Mansions.

Hands Like Houses is AMAZING. Theyre album thats getting repressed, Unimagine, is alright. But their debut Ground Dweller is one of my favorite releases that Rise has put out.

I think Unimagine is leaps and bounds ahead of Grdound Dweller. Unimagine just had so much more interesting songs and the production quality is way better. Not that Ground Dweller isn't really good.

i dont think merchnow released a 3rd press for DBM/AS (so far the boxset & the blue/green)

They haven't, I said if they match the pattern of releasing variants in the same time frame as hot topic, we'll be looking at 5 variants as the pink and purple ones will be considered 3rd press and 4th variants

Yeah, we used to have alphabetized milk crates and it worked really well but it looks like they got a custom shelf made now. So you're like OH WOW THIS LOOKS NICE A CUSTOM SHELF RACK THING!!!! But it's angled so all the records lean forward on to each other and it's jam packed, so you just know that they're going to end up warped.

Hey Travis I think I saw you that day you were at Lakewood mall. There was a guy organizing the vinyl section. It was on a Wednesday. If it was you I believe you said there's a lot of good stuff in the back too.

Yup, that was me. I put at least 1-2 copies of everything they had on hand on that vinyl fixture. They had a bunch left in the back still but when I left everything that was in stock was on the fixture.

Yeah, we used to have alphabetized milk crates and it worked really well but it looks like they got a custom shelf made now. So you're like OH WOW THIS LOOKS NICE A CUSTOM SHELF RACK THING!!!! But it's angled so all the records lean forward on to each other and it's jam packed, so you just know that they're going to end up warped.

That's the new vinyl fixture that a bunch of stores got. I've merchandised and shopped them and they seem to work pretty well. All you have to do it lean the vinyl back if it falls forward. The bottom of those shelves is angled back so it shouldnt be an issue to have them lean back a little. Plus if they fill the shelves (not over-stuff) then all the records should just stand up nicely in there.

Good to know, they were all pushed forward when I saw them. I tried to push them back and it wasn't working in my favor at all. But if you say that they're safe, I totally trust you on that. 

I'm absolutely the person who walks into stores and helps fold messy tables while I browse.