+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

I'm thinking about creating a looped gif for all the entrants.  Each entry receives a frame in the animation.  They'll cycle through at the highest speed possible; 0.0 seconds per contestant.  I could click and drag at random intervals to determine a winner, perhaps?  To give you an idea, try clicking and dragging this a few times;

flashing-colors-animated-different.gif

You should get a different color each time.

Where it gets interesting, though, is with the idea of bonuses.  Having 1,000 posts, you'd earn your frame +0.1 seconds.  Have over 20 positive trade feedback?  Another +0.1 seconds.  It may not seem like much, but a frame of 0.4 or 0.5 seconds would give a significant advantage to members who post frequently, hook other members up, etc.  Plus it'd be a lot easier and faster (and even more resourceful) than cutting up names and drawing them out of hats.  Maybe the most frequent name out of 10 click-and-drags would win it?  Just an idea.  I could even record the drawing process and post it, to ensure there's no funny business or favoritism.

Why is it when I click and drag at any interval I get purple? great idea though i like it! good on you mate for doing this selfless act this is pretty BA, interested in seeing what records show up for raffles!

Why is it when I click and drag at any interval I get purple? great idea though i like it! good on you mate for doing this selfless act this is pretty BA, interested in seeing what records show up for raffles!

It may be your browser?  That's all I can think of.  I just tried it again and it's working fine for me (in Firefox).  Thanks for the kind words, though.

Ajhall, haven't you won at least 13 of these?

Congrats!

Do you guys want to put a cap on the number of times someone can win one of these things?  At least a time-sensitive cap... like, no more than 3 wins in the span of 2-3 months or something?  Not that it's happening, yet, but it could potentially stop the a small group of users from exclusively raffling (and exclusively winning) really abstract records that no one else signs up to win.  Just a thought to keep things fair.  There are a handful of members that seem to enter every round, regardless of what's being given away.  This isn't a problem in itself, but when it comes to records that aren't overly popular, it gives the same individuals a heightened chance of winning.

ajhall04, please PM me with your giveaway details whenever you've got them established.  Thank you.

It may be your browser?  That's all I can think of.  I just tried it again and it's working fine for me (in Firefox).  Thanks for the kind words, though.

Do you guys want to put a cap on the number of times someone can win one of these things?  At least a time-sensitive cap... like, no more than 3 wins in the span of 2-3 months or something?  Not that it's happening, yet, but it could potentially stop the a small group of users from exclusively raffling (and exclusively winning) really abstract records that no one else signs up to win.  Just a thought to keep things fair.  There are a handful of members that seem to enter every round, regardless of what's being given away.  This isn't a problem in itself, but when it comes to records that aren't overly popular, it gives the same individuals a heightened chance of winning.

ajhall04, please PM me with your giveaway details whenever you've got them established.  Thank you.

I always take a break between raffles. Honestly, I'm good either way. I have always come through with giveaways and continuing. I won the first one, and then it was months before I won again. Just so happened to win again. More people should enter :) Either way I am good though! 

KARMA TRAIN

TRIPLE-TWENTY GIVEAWAY

jQEZJRU.png

TRIP20

To celebrate the 20th round of the Karma Train, we're doing something a little special over here.  With all due respect, the past few giveaways have paled a bit in comparison to prior raffles, and participants have dwindled.  So we're kick-starting the Karma Train.

On top of ajhall04's giveaway - your choice of any release from No Idea Records, valued at $10 or less before shipping* - there will be two additional, brand new, factory sealed giveaways.  The first is Fleet Foxes' self-titled debut; a double LP with sides C and D dedicated to their Sun Giant EP.  Black vinyl, and factory sealed.  Perfect introduction to folk for anyone who hasn't dabbled into the genre.

The third item comes from a special-guest contributor – Motion City Soundtrack's Commit This to Memory, offered up by none other than Secular Haze.  This release doesn't need an introduction; if you're a member at VC, chances are high that MCS are incorporated into your library or tastes.

The drawing will be done by ajhall04, one week from now.  Wednesday afternoon or evening – whichever is most convenient for him.  The winner will be determined by way of drawing, courtesy of his 3 year-old.  You like kids, right?

And to clarify, the winner of this raffle will receive 3 separate records from the 3 of us.  They do not have to offer 3 items.  In the spirit of keeping things fair - and keeping the train going - I ask that you only enter the giveaway if you have something halfway decent to give away, yourself.  This raffle is easily valued at $40+, so please don't offer up a super obscure 7" or 12" EP that 3 other people will be interested in.

Best of luck to everyone.

*If your No Idea pick exceeds $10, you have the option of paying the difference to ajhall04.  So you can get any $12 - $14 LP for $2 - $4; still a great deal to the winner, since the majority of NS' inventory is very humbly priced.

If 2 of the 3 releases appeal to you, I feel like either Fleet Foxes or Motion City would make solid giveaway contributions down the road, if neither is your cup of tea.  Just food for thought.  Obviously the winner of this round is lucky to score all 3 for free, but it's tough to argue with scoring a mint copy of either of the other albums on their own.