Coming Soon // Animals As Leaders . the joy of motion

So I ended up picking up a copy of the green variant at one of my hometowns record shops just the other day. There was still another copy available which my buddy picked up. I would find it hard to believe that this could be a bootleg. I purchased it at Hastings (reputable store), which is basically like a Barnes and noble/gamestop/movie rental place rolled into one, But for some reason I cannot find ANY pressing information on this variant anywhere online. I mean hey, I could be wrong? Still psyched I came up on it though, and only for $30, haha.

I'm hoping it's not. I tweeted at Sumerian to see if they have any info on it. Waiting for a response. And my record store had no way of ordering a green. Only blue and red showed up. Hoping for some solid info.

The same guy has listed two more. He just sold two for both over a hundred a piece. He says theyre sealed so I doubt this is a random variant insert. Im really curious now.

I'm hoping it's not. I tweeted at Sumerian to see if they have any info on it. 

Might want to try emailing them too. I doubt they'd respond to a tweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Wtf. Considering its got a download code I dont see these odd ones being boots.

Maybe Sumerian Records is doing a Willy Wonka thing here or something.

itd be nice if they made some sort of announcement and fulfilled the orders of people who still havent gotten theres before they press more variants and whatever else. They need to step their game up. They handle anything involving vinyl AWFULLY.

The green is a GoHastings exclusive. As much as I hate to order from them for the way they package, i'm gonna take my chances.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Joy-Of-Motion-Hastings-Exclusive-Green-2LP/sku/295108417.uts#.VBsoTPldV8E

Well that solves that. I might take my chances too. I love how the release date says August 12th, 2014. So I guess Sumerian did a repress and didnt tell anyone? Thats fantastic.

As for the translucent orange: I messaged the guy and he said, to quote:

My buddy works the lighting for one of the event center's out here in Cali. He got his hands on them and sold me three.

Well that solves that. I might take my chances too. I love how the release date says August 12th, 2014. So I guess Sumerian did a repress and didnt tell anyone? Thats fantastic.

100% that means someplace sells them and he doesn't want to tell because then he wont get 100+ for the vinyl

The green is a GoHastings exclusive. As much as I hate to order from them for the way they package, i'm gonna take my chances.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Joy-Of-Motion-Hastings-Exclusive-Green-2LP/sku/295108417.uts#.VBsoTPldV8E

Thanks for posting, went ahead & took a chance ordering as well

My buddy works the lighting for one of the event center's out here in Cali. He got his hands on them and sold me three.

100% that means someplace sells them and he doesn't want to tell because then he wont get 100+ for the vinyl

Or they're hot, haha

Thanks for the link. I've been googling around trying to find where these were coming from and I hadn't had any luck.

I just checked and it's $99. I'm dumbfounded that they raised there own exclusive to match ebay prices. Seems crazy, couldn't they just press more? I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing. The listing has no photo or information. My tracking says it should arrive Thursday. I'll let you know what I get.

I just checked and it's $99. I'm dumbfounded that they raised there own exclusive to match ebay prices. Seems crazy, couldn't they just press more? I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing. The listing has no photo or information. My tracking says it should arrive Thursday. I'll let you know what I get.

It has to be an error, that's insane.

I have another copy of the Green variant I'm trying to sell. If anyone wants it, let me know! I'm not asking for the $100+ prices they're going for, but something around the average price they're selling for right now would be great. I could possibly get another one within a week or so, maaaybe. Let me know! Give me some offers.