Isis - Panopticon (Remaster)

Portsi

I have the CD, I definitely sounds more clear. I haven't noticed it sounding less dynamic, but next time I listen I'll keep that in mind. I actually like how they divided the tracks on the remaster more than the cd though. In regards to the little ambient interludes and what not.

Yeah the new CD isn't "loudness wars" bad by any means, but on the original the drums have really great snap and punch to them. The remaster it's all louder, but not terribly so. Isis has always sounded pretty decent, I'm glad they never went the brickwalled modern sounding route.

I think the original CD sounds even better than the vinyl in the Shades box.

I saw them open for Tool a couple of times, bass was so loud it was shaking the seating the one time, but it still sounded pretty good and not too distorted. Quite a feat that their sound guy achieved. Tool sounded like yacht rock afterwards. You can't really get that bone crushing bass on vinyl.

See, I had the misfortune of discovering Isis 2 years after they broke up. Low and behold I can easily say they're my favorite band. So, I try not to think about how completely idiotic I feel never having seen them live. I'm a bassist myself and absolutely love Caxide's style. I can only dream of what you're talking about.

See, I had the misfortune of discovering Isis 2 years after they broke up. Low and behold I can easily say they're my favorite band. So, I try not to think about how completely idiotic I feel never having seen them live. I'm a bassist myself and absolutely love Caxide's style. I can only dream of what you're talking about.

I think they'll do reunion tours, they didn't break up on bad terms or anything.

I regret not ever seeing them solo, since I'm just in the next state over from where they're from.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I looked that up on discogs, what does reverse board mean?

Could anyone be helpful here, especially the ISIS crazy variant collectors? I'd be grateful for some comparison (6th press with this mysterious "reverse board” vs. older pressings) as I have no idea what that could mean. It's quite easy to get lost with all those Panopticon releases..

Could anyone be helpful here, especially the ISIS crazy variant collectors? I'd be grateful for some comparison (6th press with this mysterious "reverse board” vs. older pressings) as I have no idea what that could mean. It's quite easy to get lost with all those Panopticon releases..

Reverse board means that the cover image is printed on the matte side of the board, the part that is usually the inside of a record cover. The inside is glossy.