NCAA March Madness 2014 (Official Thread)

getting through the first round is going to be tough. stephen f austin and snapping a 28 game win streak is tough.  they got to be all sorts of confident and feel like they have a lot to prove.  having to play ucla sunday if vcu wins, is going to be a very tough task.

I'm actually going to be in Richmond this weekend with one of my writers that goes to VCU, I"m trying to get him to find a place to watch the game with a crowd. Second best thing to having UMD get in the tournament *sigh*

I'm actually going to be in Richmond this weekend with one of my writers that goes to VCU, I"m trying to get him to find a place to watch the game with a crowd. Second best thing to having UMD get in the tournament *sigh*

nice, i moved down to va beach, but a great place to watch the game with a big crowd is going to be baja.  here are the specials, --edit: usually they have something for a dollar too, but im not seeing it.

Friday

From 5:30-6:30

120 minutes tipoff for a full hour

of every HOME and AWAY game.

$2 Pint of Margarita

$2 Pavs (peach schnapps, ginger and OJ)

$2 Swiss (Pinnacle pineapple vodka, sierra mist, splash of sour, oj, pineapple, and grenadine on the bottom)

$2 Sailor Jerry

$2 Mini Beers (shots, but they have something on top that gives  them head and look like beers)

99 cent Cheddar Cheese Quesadillas

Friday from 11am -9pm

$3 Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum

$3 Beer Shots

$3 Black and Golds

$2.25/$8 Yuengling Pints and Pitchers

$10 Buckets of Tecate

$2.50 Pavs

$2.50 Mrs. Pavs

$2 No Loves

$4 GameDay Fries

BOGO LEGS

PLUS $4 Big BBQ and Fries

Bring me gear/stuff for my HAVOC ROOF and get stuff

Hey Malone, can I get some pool dets? please and thank you!

messaged.

nice, i moved down to va beach, but a great place to watch the game with a big crowd is going to be baja.  here are the specials, --edit: usually they have something for a dollar too, but im not seeing it.

Friday

From 5:30-6:30

120 minutes tipoff for a full hour

of every HOME and AWAY game.

$2 Pint of Margarita

$2 Pavs (peach schnapps, ginger and OJ)

$2 Swiss (Pinnacle pineapple vodka, sierra mist, splash of sour, oj, pineapple, and grenadine on the bottom)

$2 Sailor Jerry

$2 Mini Beers (shots, but they have something on top that gives  them head and look like beers)

99 cent Cheddar Cheese Quesadillas

Friday from 11am -9pm

$3 Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum

$3 Beer Shots

$3 Black and Golds

$2.25/$8 Yuengling Pints and Pitchers

$10 Buckets of Tecate

$2.50 Pavs

$2.50 Mrs. Pavs

$2 No Loves

$4 GameDay Fries

BOGO LEGS

PLUS $4 Big BBQ and Fries

Bring me gear/stuff for my HAVOC ROOF and get stuff

messaged.

Ugh, I wish I was turning 21 earlier than next month, hah. 

Just a few observations:

Louisville as a #4 is ridiculous, though everyone knows that. My theory is that no one in selections really respected Wichita as a #1 and felt that putting Louisville on that side of the bracket at a #4 was in essence an end-around to give them the same path as a #1 would normally get. The committee was forced to give Wichita that seeding despite their lack of a quality win.

NC State - I don't care who you beat. 9-9 in conference is not good enough for an NCAA bid in the same way that a 305 out of conference RPI isn't (SMU). Least deserving team in the tourney.

A-10 gets six bids? I'm with Coach K. I know Shaka Smart hates the term "mid-major" but the A-10 does not have the level of talent of the big boys. Beating up on one another to pad your record is unimpressive. Prediction: Zero elite 8 teams out of the A-10 despite having a nice chunk of the Tourney Field.

I love the Gators chances this year. Other teams I like right now: Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State. 

I'm not a huge fan of Arizona, Wisconsin, Villanova or Virginia.

Team that no one is picking that I can see having a shot: Cuse. Syracuse has played horribly lately but they just got back to full strength and were a legit team earlier in the year when at full steam - watch out.