NCAA March Madness 2014 (Official Thread)

Sfish52 sent me a PM earlier with all the info so I already joined the pool and got my bracket made out. Malonekw what else do I need to do? I want in on the pot so I'll send my $5 today or tomorrow to tellallyourfriends.

you're good to go my man! i'll send you all the details he problem already sent you just in case.

Just a few observations:

A-10 gets six bids? I'm with Coach K. I know Shaka Smart hates the term "mid-major" but the A-10 does not have the level of talent of the big boys. Beating up on one another to pad your record is unimpressive. Prediction: Zero elite 8 teams out of the A-10 despite having a nice chunk of the Tourney Field.

here is what i'll say about that.  coach k was saying this with the idea that the acc should receive more tournament bids.  such a load of bull shit? why should they? because they are the acc? because of the names of the schools?  there are some top dogs in the acc, but after that their are a lot of subpar mediocre teams.  the acc isn't what it was in previous years.  nc state, who did they beat outside of the conference?  bubble team tennessee?  same goes to pittsburgh, the only ooc win they had that was decent was stanford. did he think clemson deserved in? they beat no one ooc and stole some in conference wins.  

the reason the acc usually gets teams in is due to them beating up one another to pad their record.  coach k needs to learn a little bit of humility.  the a-10 had a strong year, plain and simple.  

i'm reminded about when vcu beat duke in the (at the time) first round of the tournament.  instead of saying he got out coached by grant, giving props to clutch shooting by eric maynor, his team getting out hustled by a press we had been running all season, and his team choosing to flop all over the floor all game...he gave no credit to vcu, he only said, hey when you win so many first round games, luck catches up with you and you lose one to someone like vcu.

he