NCAA March Madness 2014 (Official Thread)

Curious to know what it is about the ACC that sparks the hatred.

I feel like there is an air of elitism to the ACC, and that mainly comes from Duke and UNC. The fan base/students of those two schools are insufferable and pompous. The ACC is constantly poaching schools from the Big East and by doing so have ruined some of the greatest rivalries and traditions in college basketball. And finally, since I went to a Big East school, there's the obvious battling between the conferences for supremacy.

I feel like there is an air of elitism to the ACC, and that mainly comes from Duke and UNC. The fan base/students of those two schools are insufferable and pompous. The ACC is constantly poaching schools from the Big East and by doing so have ruined some of the greatest rivalries and traditions in college basketball. And finally, since I went to a Big East school, there's the obvious battling between the conferences for supremacy.

i mean those schools could have said no to changing conferences, right?

I thought I was doing awful, but only with my Ohio state picks ( they were random, and bad ).  Other than that I'm doing a little better than I thought.

Honestly, at this point as long as your national champion is in it you can't be doing awful haha I remember my freshman year of college we all did a huge pool and after the first round I was in last place and only picked 17 of the 32 games right and everyone made fun of me really hard. But I had Florida as the national champion and picked 3/4 final four teams and ending up winning. Picking the national champion is the only way to win. It's nice to have your elite eight still in it though, so you'll have more points if multiple people pick the same champion. But at this point in the game, it's just for fun and doesn't really have any bearing on winning in the end.

i mean those schools could have said no to changing conferences, right?

Of course, and I am angry with the schools. However, it doesn't even seem that the people who matter most in the basketball programs have any say on this nonsense. Jim Boeheim, whose opinion should probably be paramount for Syracuse sports, was extremely open with his displeasure of leaving the Big East.

I mean, my anger is probably misplaced by focusing on the ACC for realignment, but when I've seen two major episodes of poaching from the Big East in the past eight years it makes them an easy target.

50% after last night. Not looking too good for me but all of my Sweet 16 teams are still in so that is always good news. Can't wait for some more games tonight! The last 3 1/2 minutes of the Ohio St/Dayton game was incredible! It's a shame that my Colorado Buffaloes got beat so freakin' bad :(

I honestly didn't think Pitt were that good... 

Of course, and I am angry with the schools. However, it doesn't even seem that the people who matter most in the basketball programs have any say on this nonsense. Jim Boeheim, whose opinion should probably be paramount for Syracuse sports, was extremely open with his displeasure of leaving the Big East.

I mean, my anger is probably misplaced by focusing on the ACC for realignment, but when I've seen two major episodes of poaching from the Big East in the past eight years it makes them an easy target.

I take a little exception with the use of the word "poaching"

Boeheim's opinion is irrelevant simply because conference reallignment was done specifically for football, not basketball.