Who of you owns an Orange amp?

I've got an Orange 15w crush-r

Just a little practise amp with reverb and overdrive. It's by far the loudest/clearest 15w amp i've ever played, or seen anyone play.

The overdrive is a nice broken up fuzz, without sounding like a buzzsaw. So you could play a muff or something similar in to the amp with overdrive on, and it'll be a reallllll dirty fuzz. That's perfect for lofi garage rock/punk.

I've played the 212 combo with the greenbacks and it was fantastic. Reverb sounded great, drive was super smooth. Depends what you want though, at that price point I likely would have just got someone to build me an amp but it's super convenient and you know exactly what you're getting

I've got a rocker 30 head (now discontinued), and 2 cabs, 2x12 and 4x12, from around '08. I like the head very much, the natural channel is very clean, and the dirty has some great tone without being too distorted, even nearly maxed out. but what do you mean by "compared to other amps"? in what regard are you comparing them?

I have a 2x12 Orange cabinet and the following heads:

AD140

Rocker 30

Tiny Terror 

I love them all. I play the AD140 as my main amp. The other guitar player in our band plays a Rocker 30 as his main amp.

I have not owned a ton of amps (AC30, 5150, Music Man 130 4x10, Music Man 65 Head), but I really like my AD140. It is a god damn beast.

I have a 2x12 Orange cabinet and the following heads:

AD140

Rocker 30

Tiny Terror 

I love them all. I play the AD140 as my main amp. The other guitar player in our band plays a Rocker 30 as his main amp.

I have not owned a ton of amps (AC30, 5150, Music Man 130 4x10, Music Man 65 Head), but I really like my AD140. It is a god damn beast.

Goes well with your Giants logo!

I've got a rocker 30 head (now discontinued), and 2 cabs, 2x12 and 4x12, from around '08. I like the head very much, the natural channel is very clean, and the dirty has some great tone without being too distorted, even nearly maxed out. but what do you mean by "compared to other amps"? in what regard are you comparing them?

I'm comparing as far as playability, tone quality, and "feel"

So far what I consider a pretty above average amp and what has always held my idea of range on an amp would be the Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12. But the greatest amp I've ever played was the Fender Vibrolux it just felt easier to function compared to a Twin Reverb... But I'm wondering why an Orange combo amp is over double the price of a Fenders top gear!

I've heard in the UK Orange Amps aren't as pricey as they are in the states and if that is so, wow what a premium on tariffs that is!

Still interested in an Orange specifically, the AD30TC

I'd grab the Orange 100000x over the Fender.

Orange can do pretty decently when Fender does best (cleans). Everything else the Orange will destroy the Fender

The Orange will also likely be the amp you keep for a very long time. A Vibrolux or DeVille type stuff will be something you'll be selling in a year or two to upgrade

I owned an AD200 mk3 bass head. I liked it but it did not give me enough low end and I ended up selling it and buying a Verellen Meatsmoke which has by far solved that issue. 

I play the meatsmoke through an Ampeg 2x15 and Orange 4x10 and I love the sound out of each of them individually as well. 

almost bought a rockerverb, the sound was simply amazing but ended up getting a marshall JVM for versatility. i have regrets sometimes, other times i know i made the right decision for my needs. I did get the 2x12 orange cab for the marshall amp though, couldnt find one as good. Mesa was pretty much the same but didnt look as good

I'm comparing as far as playability, tone quality, and "feel"

So far what I consider a pretty above average amp and what has always held my idea of range on an amp would be the Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12. But the greatest amp I've ever played was the Fender Vibrolux it just felt easier to function compared to a Twin Reverb... But I'm wondering why an Orange combo amp is over double the price of a Fenders top gear!

I've heard in the UK Orange Amps aren't as pricey as they are in the states and if that is so, wow what a premium on tariffs that is!

Still interested in an Orange specifically, the AD30TC

the prices of orange amps are complete insanity, especially since most of them are built in china now. i don't know where newer fenders are built, but it could be the same story as orange (and vox for that matter). my advice, just don't buy the amp new. the odds are you could probably locate the orange you like used and within driving distance for a fraction of the cost. just avoid those folks selling out of the back of a truck or in the bad end of town.

since we're speaking of reissues here, when i say "orange" i mean reissues. the vintage oranges are not included in anything i'm going to talk about now.

tone: yes most oranges are just fine, decent build quality. i prefer ones with EL34s, have a bit more balls to me, but again, just my taste. my biggest beef is that they don't take pedals very well, especially when in dirty mode. the overall issues with them are similar to what dirtydebutant had mentioned, that they're sort of a one trick pony. i only use mine in the studio for "heavy" stuff, but it performs quite well at that. i could use my mesa to get practically the same tone, the orange is just easier to haul around.

I have the same 15w practice amp as Jase. It sounds terrific, it looks terrific. Ever since I got that practice amp I've wanted to get a bigger one and use that as my main amp. I never use my 65w amp anymore because the practice amp is louder and sounds better! They're pricey but Orange is the only amp I ever want to own again.

I want the Rockerverb 100 MkII sooooooooooooooooo bad!

I've played it a few times at Guitar Center and its a dream. The clean is unbelievable and the distortion is just insane.

Damn! I can't wait until I get a full time job. I think I won't even care about actually touring. It'd be all about recording music on my most sought after gear haha.