Bay Area VC.

Places to hang out? "the mish" :P

Aquarius records, this one vintage shop next to Amoeba is awesome, and basically the mission, it seems like tourists are more prone to going to downtown and all the normal places there.

Ahhh the mish. I wish I could afford to live in that area. But you better believe I'll be spending some time there. Thanks for the tips!

In a perfect world, yes.  But I lack a job and my bf doesn't seem too keen on it. =\

Just get him to visit with you and it will be enough to convince him. Jobs. meh. I feel like in big cities, you can get a job no problem. It's getting a job that can afford city living that is the difficult part. My job can barely sustain SF. I share a room. haha

Mission has its broken down parts and its nice parts but there's plenty to see, over by 24th and Mission it get's a little nicer. Right next to it up the hill is Noe Valley which is pretty as hell but it's more a 'family' type of neighborhood. North Beach is touristy but has a ton of great bars and places to eat, Rogue Brewery is right there too. It's also right next to the strip bars if you're into that. Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 have a lot of little shops but's not really that exciting. The area on Market right next to Castro seemed to have the coolest shit, and my favorite bar Lucky 13 is there as well. Sunset is pleasant but mostly residential, although there's a few good sushi places. Don't bother with Ingleside or anywhere up there by the college, it's the least exciting part of the city, nothin to do. Unfortunately when I was living there I wasn't collecting records, so besides Amoeba and Rasputin I can't recommend any good record shops.

Just get him to visit with you and it will be enough to convince him. Jobs. meh. I feel like in big cities, you can get a job no problem. It's getting a job that can afford city living that is the difficult part. My job can barely sustain SF. I share a room. haha

Yessss it's so expensive.  I don't know if I would be able to find a job to support living out there.

I think you're right - he will love it once he experiences it, haha.

Mission has its broken down parts and its nice parts but there's plenty to see, over by 24th and Mission it get's a little nicer. Right next to it up the hill is Noe Valley which is pretty as hell but it's more a 'family' type of neighborhood. North Beach is touristy but has a ton of great bars and places to eat, Rogue Brewery is right there too. It's also right next to the strip bars if you're into that. Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 have a lot of little shops but's not really that exciting. The area on Market right next to Castro seemed to have the coolest shit, and my favorite bar Lucky 13 is there as well. Sunset is pleasant but mostly residential, although there's a few good sushi places. Don't bother with Ingleside or anywhere up there by the college, it's the least exciting part of the city, nothin to do. Unfortunately when I was living there I wasn't collecting records, so besides Amoeba and Rasputin I can't recommend any good record shops.

OOOH. Tell me of these sushi places in the Sunset. That is where I am located, and Lord knows I need some good sushi in the near future. I am super into beer, so thanks for a few recommendations in that department. Appreciated.

OOOH. Tell me of these sushi places in the Sunset. That is where I am located, and Lord knows I need some good sushi in the near future. I am super into beer, so thanks for a few recommendations in that department. Appreciated.

It's been a few years since I've been there so I can't recall the names, but there's great sushi throughout the Bay, it's worth it to explore.

As for the beer, Lucky 13 had a great selection of all sorts of beers on tap from what I remember, Racer 5, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Pliny The Elder, all sorts of Lagunitas. There seems to be a lot of great microbreweries in CA.