Sunny Day Real Estate LP2 had Pink Vinyl sticker, but received black LPs inside

zdkaiser

I recently bought SDRE's repress of LP2 on Subpop. The shrink had a sticker that said it was the limited edition colored vinyl (pink marble). When I opened up the jacket both discs were black vinyl.

Anybody have this happen to them when purchasing limited presses?

I contacted Subpop, so I am curious what they are going to say about it (even though I did not purchase it directly from them).

That sucks, a couple of years ago I bought diary with a sticker that said red vinyl and it was black. I emailed subpop and never received a response. I emailed a while later inquiring about a different record/subject and again didn't get a response.

Hopefully your experience is more like everyone else's and less like mine.

I think if you order from Sub Pop and wanted to sort it out, you would have to email Luckyhorse Industries for some reason. I'm really not sure why. At least that is what I did a few years ago. I talked to James Bertram and he sent me a replacement. Not sure if they have any left though.

Then I ended up selling the reissues to my friend for cheap and I really want them back now.

Seems to be pretty common ground with this LP. Someone on Discogs posted this reply by SubPop a while back:

"Sorry to hear that. It was a known problem when the 2nd pressing was made back in 2010 when the manufacturer put the first pressing's "color vinyl" sticker on the new black vinyl pressing. We issued a notice to all stores who might have received those records, and even re-stickered all the stock that we could that wasn't already in stores or with distributors. 3 years later though we're still occasionally coming across copies like yours that have been out in the world for a while."