PO: Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming

augustus

What do you mean? There aren't any pressing details yet.. Just a listing on a site that consistently posts preorder listings before they have all the details.

That's why I said I hope R2T is an indicator as to quality. Foil stamped. Super heavyweight. Songs spread nicely across the discs. Completely remixed and remastered for vinyl from the original sources. The packaging was superb. And all that for $27. I was happy with that as a 20th (+/-) anniversary release.

I'm very excited for this, don't get me wrong.  I am just surprised when I hear about this stuff from a site instead of the band.  I'm crossing fingers that the band actually does something special with this, but I also won't be surprised if they don't.

I'm very excited for this, don't get me wrong. I am just surprised when I hear about this stuff from a site instead of the band. I'm crossing fingers that the band actually does something special with this, but I also won't be surprised if they don't.

Yea.. asshole sites that want to capitalize on people's excitement sometimes jump the gun on a preorder with a crazy markup. Amazon does it too, but luckily they have their best price policy and also don't charge you till it ships. You can rest assured the band will make a big deal about this. They did for R2T and it was nowhere near as big for them as UTTAD.

Up for pre-order (with price guarantee) at Amazon. Currently at $40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8G060Q/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks for the heads up, easily one of my most wanted catalog titles. It's about time DMB catches up with pressing their albums, although I wonder how they will handle Before These Crowded Streets once they get that far.

No one's mentioned this, but the vinyl includes bonus tracks... Two acoustic live cuts (par for the course) and the STUDIO version of "Granny."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the studio version has never leaked out in any way, shape, or form before? Whole bunch of live versions, of course, but that's it. And this is one of those DMB outtakes from the early years that is, honestly, better than most of the songs from BTCS on.

That's fair, although part of me was secretly hoping to hear Granny on vinyl.

So does anyone know if the acoustic Dancing Nancies is the same one from Recently? 

Also, I was excited to pick up the Recently 2X10" EP for RSD... until I saw the price. $34 for 2 (admittedly great) live tracks, 2 acoustic tracks, and 5 radio edits is just... Sad and wrong.

What do you mean? There aren't any pressing details yet.. Just a listing on a site that consistently posts preorder listings before they have all the details.

That's why I said I hope R2T is an indicator as to quality. Foil stamped. Super heavyweight. Songs spread nicely across the discs. Completely remixed and remastered for vinyl from the original sources. The packaging was superb. And all that for $27. I was happy with that as a 20th (+/-) anniversary release.

R2T was a great release but it was neither remixed nor remastered for vinyl and the original source files were nowhere to be found. They used the CD for this one, cut to vinyl by Chris Bellman. That said it's the ONLY "studio" release in the catalogue whose CD master is already perfect for vinyl (other than not being high rez) so it's really not a big deal. The CD reissue fortunately also used the exact same mastering and added the bonus tracks at the end. This is where UTTAD most differs, because they're remastering the CD as well! That's very surprising, I'd definitely have expected them to just reissue it + bonus tracks.

I wouldn't expect any of the studio albums to be remixed.

It's great news that UTTAD is being done right, it IS being remastered from the original analogue tape and cut to vinyl all analogue by Chris Bellman, other than also doing a 45rpm 3 or 4LP version I can't think of anything they could have done to improve this. All sides are under 18 minutes due to the 3 bonus tracks coming as a download, terrific news.

When they issue BTCS like this it will blow the pants off the original pressing, anyone who's still got their eye open for one should immediately halt that expensive search.

That's fair, although part of me was secretly hoping to hear Granny on vinyl.

So does anyone know if the acoustic Dancing Nancies is the same one from Recently? 

Also, I was excited to pick up the Recently 2X10" EP for RSD... until I saw the price. $34 for 2 (admittedly great) live tracks, 2 acoustic tracks, and 5 radio edits is just... Sad and wrong.

Highly unlikely as it's listed as being "previously unreleased"

• 3 weeks later...

Highly unlikely as it's listed as being "previously unreleased"

You're probably right, although I'm thinking these might be the Quad Studio demos of DN and TSTJY. They would count as "intimate acoustic versions" and while not technically "unreleased" (I have a promo CD with both of them plus the Typical Situation demo), they were never commercially available.

Granny is definitely the find here....

If you PO through CCmusic.com and use the coupon it would be $24. Although they don't do free shipping.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/106920-mega-msale-at-ccmusiccom/

If you PO through CCmusic.com and use the coupon it would be $24. Although they don't do free shipping.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/106920-mega-msale-at-ccmusiccom/

yeah, they charge for shipping plus they'd charge me tax in California...so I guess it would pretty much be a wash. whenever it's close in price,  I'd much rather give Bull Moose my money. 

• 4 weeks later...

apparently this had a slight delay (some pre-orders are going out on time though)

email from amazon:

Thank you for placing a pre-order for the deluxe vinyl edition of "Under The Table And Dreaming". We hope you are looking forward to receiving the record. The new release date for the deluxe vinyl edition is December 16, 2014. We will receive a limited number of early copies of the LP and expect your pre-order to ship the week of November 24th. A confirmation email will be sent to you once your order ships.