Rozwell Kid Catch-All Thread

Almost $7 in shipping for one LP and one 7". I know it's lame to complain about shipping prices, and I know it's even worse for you international folks, but it's just really frustrating knowing that it costs $3 to ship a package like that via media mail. Is this in any way justifiable? Serious question. I understand adding a dollar or two for the handling hassle, but come on.

Well you have to figure packaging costs as well I suppose. Mailers, tape, bubble wrap etc. that shit adds up. I complain about shipping costs as well, but it's more than just printing the shipping label. They have to make money I suppose.

Well you have to figure packaging costs as well I suppose. Mailers, tape, bubble wrap etc. that shit adds up. I complain about shipping costs as well, but it's more than just printing the shipping label. They have to make money I suppose.

I suppose so, I guess it just seems like the records are already priced high enough to profit off of. Also doesn't help that I just bought the new Boston Strangler record for $10 with $3.25 shipping, so the comparison is probably making it feel worse to me haha

Almost $7 in shipping for one LP and one 7". I know it's lame to complain about shipping prices, and I know it's even worse for you international folks, but it's just really frustrating knowing that it costs $3 to ship a package like that via media mail. Is this in any way justifiable? Serious question. I understand adding a dollar or two for the handling hassle, but come on.

It's because BWM seems to just have a flat shipping fee per item, so it adds up quickly if you're ordering multiple items. Unlike most stores that have some system to actually estimate the actual shipping cost. For my order it was $11 shipping for four 7"s. I have noticed that BWM does seems to upgrade the shipping from media mail a lot of the time though, my last few orders have come by two-day priority, first class, or some other faster method.

It's because BWM seems to just have a flat shipping fee per item, so it adds up quickly if you're ordering multiple items. Unlike most stores that have some system to actually estimate the actual shipping cost. For my order it was $11 shipping for four 7"s. I have noticed that BWM does seems to upgrade the shipping from media mail a lot of the time though, my last few orders have come by two-day priority, first class, or some other faster method.

Shipping one 7" is always cheaper first class over media mail. I charge $3 to ship a 7", $2.25 for postage and the remainder goes to mailers, padded fillers, tape, my time. My label (me) makes no money.

That being said, I will never pay over $5 for a new 7". That plus expensive shipping = I pass

• 4 weeks later...

Upon further inspection, it's also a tad warped and has a ton of noise on both sides, inherent to glow in the dark vinyl I guess. It's not as noticeable on RK's track because of how loud it is. But maybe I should have got the red splatter.

Glow in the dark really is just for the novelty. It always sounds terrible.

• 1 month later...

Yo. So I saw a white variant of the twiabp/rozwell "fourteen minute mile" split at their show yesterday and didn't even think to buy it. If someone will be seeing them anytime soon on their next run of shows, I'd be stoked if someone could pick this up for me.

Side note: I did the artwork and I'm trying to get the white for my portfolio.

Thanks

Edit: this is second press, so it'll probably be online

Yo. So I saw a white variant of the twiabp/rozwell "fourteen minute mile" split at their show yesterday and didn't even think to buy it. If someone will be seeing them anytime soon on their next run of shows, I'd be stoked if someone could pick this up for me.

Side note: I did the artwork and I'm trying to get the white for my portfolio.

Thanks

There's a white variant?

• 5 months later...