Jump to content
dickcritter

Black Metal Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

On 8/25/2017 at 12:03 AM, 2notepockets said:

New Chaos Moon album teaser with art work by Wrest vinyl through Blood Music and Fallen Empire due around November

 

Just listened to Resurrection Extract and it slays

Came here to share this. Very cool sound!

I think Dodecahedron still has my black metal aoty, but I have a lot to listen to. New Slaegt is high on that list 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wode's new album, 'Servants of the Countercosmos' is definitely one of the best of the year.  On Bandcamp for name your price download.

https://wode.bandcamp.com/album/servants-of-the-countercosmos

 

WITTR 'Thrice Woven' is up on Bandcamp as well as streaming early also

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/59dbnx/wolves-in-the-throne-rooms-new-lp-echoes-the-grandeur-of-the-natural-world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

Wode's new album, 'Servants of the Countercosmos' is definitely one of the best of the year.  On Bandcamp for name your price download.

https://wode.bandcamp.com/album/servants-of-the-countercosmos

 

WITTR 'Thrice Woven' is up on Bandcamp as well as streaming early also

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/59dbnx/wolves-in-the-throne-rooms-new-lp-echoes-the-grandeur-of-the-natural-world

Waiting for that new Wode vinyl to show up on a US bistro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Pretty cool stuff from this anarchist black metal band. Also, reasonably priced vinyl from Halo.

 

http://www.halooffliesrecords.com/label-releases/halo105-dawn-rayd-the-unlawful-assembly-lp/

this is pretty cool, terrible band name though, am I missing some hidden meaning behind it? lol

some of the violin parts remind me a little of Trial - Are these our lives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

this is pretty cool, terrible band name though, am I missing some hidden meaning behind it? lol

some of the violin parts remind me a little of Trial - Are these our lives?

Not sure what the name means. A lot of bands initially turn me off because of their name. It's funny, I couldn't really read their name on the cover before I listened, so it didn't have any effect until I read it and was feeling the same thing you're feeling. Record was only $15 shipped, so it's a win win in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my copies of FALSE 'Untitled 2015' and Hunger 7" from Eroding Winds / Gilead media today - beautiful!

Since I bought them on Bandcamp I already have the downloads, but they also came with DL codes - offering them up to my BM'ers first - first person to send me a message can have em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, 2notepockets said:

Super good, super intense...

 

vinyl pre orders for this are up - from bandcamp page:

The expected pressing date is the week of November 6th -- please be patient with us. We will ship them out as soon as we have them in hand.

Two color vinyl housed in a gatefold depicting the events of "Tchornobog." Comes with a story booklet and illustrations by Adam Burke, Karmazid, and photography by Nona Limmen. Released with uncompromising vision by Fallen Empire Records.

 

Colour options are  - Solar Vomit and Black

 

Grabbed a solar vomit and the chaos moon album from fallen empire came to about $100 shipped eep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally bought the new Wode. If you also like to spend more money for /100 variants, here is your last chance - https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/merch/wode-servants-of-the-countercosmos-oxblood-red-vinyl-lp

I had a hard time finding the oxblood. Remember you are ordering this from Italy with all of the delays and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Finally bought the new Wode. If you also like to spend more money for /100 variants, here is your last chance - https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/merch/wode-servants-of-the-countercosmos-oxblood-red-vinyl-lp

I had a hard time finding the oxblood. Remember you are ordering this from Italy with all of the delays and such.

Nabbed the last 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Also, looks like White Ward has a repress of their Futility Report album.  This is up there for my favs of 2017.

https://whiteward.bandcamp.com/

 

Listened to this tonight the rain while driving and it fits well. Anyone who hasn't picked this up is sleeping on a great LP. Glad I got that /50 when it went up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, museummouth said:

Listened to this tonight the rain while driving and it fits well. Anyone who hasn't picked this up is sleeping on a great LP. Glad I got that /50 when it went up.

Definitely. Were you the one who alerted us to this? IF so, thank you. Strange and rad record. I'm thankful to have the /50.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Freki said:

Yeah, props for bringing that up here. Also just discovered Foscor, another release this year that I slept on that's totally hitting me the right way (FFO: Lantlos, Solstafir, etc.)

I like lantlos but not solstafir. Will have to give it a go.

 

I always get lantlos confused with Ludicra. The Tenant is a criminally underrated album

 

https://ludicraofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-tenant

44 minutes ago, Battra said:

I'm covering Mayhem tonight.

 

This should be interesting.

Playing a cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×