10. "WALLS"

•  
  • Original Release Date: October 14, 2016
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: RCA
  • Run Time: 43 minutes

Via Bullmoose:

Walls | LP | Black http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23621314/kings-of-leon-walls

Walls | LP | 180g Coke Bottle http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23711932/kings-of-leon-walls-coke-bottle-clear-vinyl-indie-exclusive-180-gram

Waste A Moment / Muchacho | 10" | Clear http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23517476/kings-of-leon-waste-a-moment-muchacho-clear-vinyl-indie-exclusive

Via KoL Official:

Walls | LP | Black http://kingsofleon.rockandrolltshirts.com/product.php?item=25219&store=

Walls | LP Bundle http://kingsofleon.rockandrolltshirts.com/product.php?item=25220&store=

Via Amazon:

Walls | LP | Black https://www.amazon.com/WALLS-Kings-Leon/dp/B01L6SSHA4/ref=sr_1_29_twi_lp__3?ie=UTF8&qid=1473422418&sr=8-29&keywords=Kings+Of+Leon

First single, “Waste A Moment”:

Edited by KingTacoMunster

35 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Formal title is "We Are All Love Songs"

Very, very excited for this as well. One of my top favorite bands. I own every release on vinyl, so I'll be picking it up. Been so long since we got music from these guys. 

Double checked and it does look like that is the title of the album, updated OP, and first single is out 9/12, stoked.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

4 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Didn't really give Mechanical Bull a chance, but this is one of the greatest bands around, imo. Excited for something new from them

MB was really strong especially after Come around sundown, check it out, I think you will enjoy it

I always find that i seem to be the only one who thinks that 'come around sundown' is their best album... a lot of people really don't like it that much as it seems, I love every single one of their records and i totally get what they were about in the 'early' days but that record has just something really special and magic going on. The other ones too, but come around sundown in particular i think

49 minutes ago, Vega said:

I always find that i seem to be the only one who thinks that 'come around sundown' is their best album... a lot of people really don't like it that much as it seems, I love every single one of their records and i totally get what they were about in the 'early' days but that record has just something really special and magic going on. The other ones too, but come around sundown in particular i think

I actually do like "come around" I know it gets hate though. "Pickup truck"is one of my favorite songs ever by them but "a ha" is a near perfect record.

• 2 weeks later...

Album cover reminds me so much of the Youth and Young Manhood cover. It's like a reinvented and re-imagined version of it that shows their progression forwards. The process of them showing the video is really cool.

I also hate all of their facebook posts where people comment how this band was only good on their first 3 albums. So annoying. I like each release as it's own entity. Although, they are my second favorite band, so I'm pretty biased. 

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Looks like we'll get a new song and PO around the 9th - 12th. I'm calling a vinyl color in the pastel shades...

I will admit the whole nice clothes/hollywood"ish" theme doesn't have me too excited.

New song in 2 days. I imagine the preorder will go up with that, too. 

3 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

I also hate all of their facebook posts where people comment how this band was only good on their first 3 albums. So annoying. I like each release as it's own entity. Although, they are my second favorite band, so I'm pretty biased. 

not gonna lie, this is pretty much my thinking as well. Only by the night is OK. i listened to it a bit when it first came out, but after a while i found it annoying. only like 2 or 3 songs i like off that album. and i thought come around sundown was garbage. hated it. although Mechanical Bull was actually pretty cool, from the few times i listened to it. will probably give this a listen.

i've met a few people that have said they love Kings of Leon, and were under the impression that Only by the Night was their first album. they had no idea there was 3 way more badass albums before that. their early sound is absolutely awesome.

15 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

not gonna lie, this is pretty much my thinking as well. Only by the night is OK. i listened to it a bit when it first came out, but after a while i found it annoying. only like 2 or 3 songs i like off that album. and i thought come around sundown was garbage. hated it. although Mechanical Bull was actually pretty cool, from the few times i listened to it. will probably give this a listen.

i've met a few people that have said they love Kings of Leon, and were under the impression that Only by the Night was their first album. they had no idea there was 3 way more badass albums before that. their early sound is absolutely awesome.

That's a bummer. I really liked Mechanical Bull and I think Come Around Sundown is one of their more solid albums as a whole. 

But that's opinions for you. I also think it has to do with time of discovery. A lot of people hold on to their earlier sound after finding them early in their career. I didn't get into them heavily until 2013 minus the radio singles. 

18 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

That's a bummer. I really liked Mechanical Bull and I think Come Around Sundown is one of their more solid albums as a whole. 

But that's opinions for you. I also think it has to do with time of discovery. A lot of people hold on to their earlier sound after finding them early in their career. I didn't get into them heavily until 2013 minus the radio singles. 

i liked mechanical bull. from what i recall from it, should probably give it more listens.

but you have a point. i feel like people will almost always like the albums they heard first from a band they end up really liking, i didn't like where they were headed with Only by the Night

I can't get enough of Mechanical Bull. I think it's their third best album honestly. Server as a fantastic come back album in my eyes. Glad I got the box set so cheap for their first three albums as well. Some of the best sounding records I've heard (thanks to MOV). 

Really stoked on this new album. I'll definitely be ordering it. Odd that the PO is a 10". Gonna wait and see what else is coming out. Hoping for a deluxe version of some sorts. 

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I can't get enough of Mechanical Bull. I think it's their third best album honestly. Server as a fantastic come back album in my eyes. Glad I got the box set so cheap for their first three albums as well. Some of the best sounding records I've heard (thanks to MOV). 

Really stoked on this new album. I'll definitely be ordering it. Odd that the PO is a 10". Gonna wait and see what else is coming out. Hoping for a deluxe version of some sorts. 

The 10" is just for a couple songs I think. The official preorder should go up on Friday I think. 

Just now, [Banned User] said:

The 10" is just for a couple songs I think. The official preorder should go up on Friday I think. 

I just noticed that. Woke up and didn't actually click the link earlier. Haha. Stoked to see what the options will be for the LP. I'd totally be down for a clear. I love me some clear wax.

On 8/29/2016 at 1:14 PM, kjkenney said:

Didn't really give Mechanical Bull a chance, but this is one of the greatest bands around, imo. Excited for something new from them

You really, really should. I think it's their best since Aha for me.

Stand out tracks: Supersoaker, Temple, Tonight, Coming Back Again.

The whole album is really solid. It's such a great comeback album.

On 8/29/2016 at 5:42 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

I actually do like "come around" I know it gets hate though. "Pickup truck"is one of my favorite songs ever by them but "a ha" is a near perfect record.

For me it goes:

Youth & Young Manhood > A-ha Shake Heartbreak > Mechanical Bull > Because of the Times

I honestly haven't gotten into Come Around Sundown. It's just not for me. I might revisit it. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. It just didn't grab me. As for Only By The Night, ... I wish that would have never happened. Bury all copies in the desert with the ET video game.

Also, the NME interview comes out tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Edited by Dave Grohl

Listened to more of Mechanical Bull, really a lot better than I anticipated after Come Around Sundown, which lost me a little. Only By the Night I dig, but I can see the qualms people have with it, it was big steer towards the polished sound. Sex on Fire is still a jammer to me though. Because of the Times is a three way tie for me with their first two albums. Any time I'm in the mood for them, any of their first three satisfy my tastes fully, but they all have their own flavor. Ragoo, Charmer, and Arizona are three of their top tracks for me. This band is so versatile without ever having to reach too far out of their comfort zone. Thanks for the rec to check out MB again, I was pleasantly surprised!

11 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Listened to more of Mechanical Bull, really a lot better than I anticipated after Come Around Sundown, which lost me a little. Only By the Night I dig, but I can see the qualms people have with it, it was big steer towards the polished sound. Sex on Fire is still a jammer to me though. Because of the Times is a three way tie for me with their first two albums. Any time I'm in the mood for them, any of their first three satisfy my tastes fully, but they all have their own flavor. Ragoo, Charmer, and Arizona are three of their top tracks for me. This band is so versatile without ever having to reach too far out of their comfort zone. Thanks for the rec to check out MB again, I was pleasantly surprised!