atticus

Guitar stolen... Anyone have experience with UPS theft?

28 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Nice, I kind of know what you're getting at – not specifically a Methodist church, but there's a fairly big one north of where I live, and they do a lot of social events throughout the week and have their own band, etc.

That being said, did you have any developments on the case of your missing guitar?  It's been a few days and I'm sure these things take time to resolve, but hopefully you have a bit more direction than when you first created the thread, by now.

Other than a few frustrating back and forth emails with Adorama's customer service department, no real developments. The emails feel like those automatic form filled emails with just a few personal details thrown in so you know you're not totally dealing with a robot. They've asked like 3 different times for me to send a picture of the damaged item for the insurance claim...... I think I finally have them on the same page as far as realizing that I didn't actually receive a guitar, so that's something I suppose.  

I did check the front desk footage today and the ups guy didn't walk in with a guitar sized box so I do have proof that it never made it inside the building. At the end of the day, I'm covered under the PayPal buyers protection, so if all else fails I should at least get my money back (hopefully). 

5 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

When they ask for a picture of the damaged item,  send a pic of the K-cups inside the guitar box.

Seriously though, have you contacted UPS as well? My guess is it was stolen somewhere in the UPS chain of custody.

Yea, I sent them all those pics that I posted in the first post and a couple more. I think they finally get it. 

Adorama has opened a claim with UPS and with all of this happening over the weekend I'm trying to be as patient as I can. If I don't at least have some kind of reassurance though by tomorrow that they are handling this, I will take a direct line with UPS. The little contact I have had with Adorama so far doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. 

vinyl addict likes this