DarrenMcCall

New Website Detects Deals On Amazon

I built an app that automatically detects deals on Amazon faster than 3Camels. Deals are automatically added and removed by the app. I recently added the website front-end to it and opened it up to everyone. 

Check it out: http://dealsonvinyl.com/

Let me know if you have any questions!

Oh, and worth a mention: I have a Facebook Group, Twitter, and Discord server (pick your preference) where I post deals so you can get alerts.
Facebook Group

Twitter

Discord Server

• /r/VinylDeals
  • /r/VinylReleases
  • /r/VinylCollectors
  • Vinyl Collective Forum (Sale/Trade/Wants)
  • /r/Vinyl_Deals
  • Deals On Vinyl (soon)
Edited by DarrenMcCall
formatting

What criteria does it use to determine if it's a deal? 

Great question!

It has to be the lowest price ever on Amazon or close to it (maximum 5% from lowest). In some cases if it's the lowest price in at least a year (or more) I will allow it to show up if it's a good deal. I monitor the alerts daily and fine tune them as they pop up.

Amazon is picky about the words you use on your page. They asked me to remove words like "lowest" and "best" price from the page (I have to comply or they will pull my API access). So, it works like this:

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Thanks for checking it out :)

Really diggin' the site aside from the fact that now I have to implement some sort of self control.

Also, the "No Known Issues" that is called up under the "About This Pressing" section is missing the last 'n' in Known.

Edited by MicLima

First of all this is great!

Is it possible to factor in the marketplace too? I know that if you have prime (which I can't have) the price can't be beaten, but most of the time the actual record price is cheaper there. 

Also would be lovely to have an amazon uk version.

10 hours ago, MicLima said:

Really diggin' the site aside from the fact that now I have to implement some sort of self control.

Also, the "No Known Issues" that is called up under the "About This Pressing" section is missing the last 'n' in Known.

I can't help you with the self control, but I can fix that typo!

Thanks for finding that and letting me know. Glad to hear you're diggin' the site :D

Let me know if you find any other issues. Thanks!

7 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

First of all this is great!

Is it possible to factor in the marketplace too? I know that if you have prime (which I can't have) the price can't be beaten, but most of the time the actual record price is cheaper there. 

Also would be lovely to have an amazon uk version.

Thank you!

It can be a little bit trickier with the marketplace, but I can pull prices from there also. I plan on detecting deals there, as well as other sites in the future. 

I will expand to other regions in the future also! 

4 hours ago, tokimedo said:

wow this fucking rules, thank you so much! so easy to navigate and i love the coupons tab ! hope you keep that updated. 

Glad you like it! 

I used to keep a text file with any coupons I find, just in case I ended up needing one. I've started dropping them on the website instead :)