travis

MLB Discussion

17,030 posts in this topic

On 05/02/2017 at 5:58 PM, lastvaultboy said:

Rather than throwing up a new thread, thought I'd try here!

We'd like to catch a baseball game (pun intended) while in the states this year. Ideally Chicago but potentially Seattle too. 

Can anyone assist in the best place to sit and to find tickets? Chicago will be July 8th or Seattle is June 22nd or 23rd. 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated - cheers.

Go Cubs/Mariners! 

Can anyone offer any advice?

On 3/23/2017 at 2:43 AM, lastvaultboy said:

Can anyone offer any advice?

stubhub is where I usually go.  Cubs tickets are going to be probably pricey because they just won the WS and are going to be a good team again this year.  Seattle tickets... who knows.  I havent been to either stadium, but I have never been to a park with bad seats.  I would recommend sitting between the basepaths/dugouts, on any level.  You usually get the best vantage point of the game from there without breaking the bank.  Best seats are behind homeplate on any level.  I avoid bleacher seats in the outfield if I can, I prefer to sit looking out at the outfield, not the other way in.  

lastvaultboy likes this

20 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

stubhub is where I usually go.  Cubs tickets are going to be probably pricey because they just won the WS and are going to be a good team again this year.  Seattle tickets... who knows.  I havent been to either stadium, but I have never been to a park with bad seats.  I would recommend sitting between the basepaths/dugouts, on any level.  You usually get the best vantage point of the game from there without breaking the bank.  Best seats are behind homeplate on any level.  I avoid bleacher seats in the outfield if I can, I prefer to sit looking out at the outfield, not the other way in.  

That's really helpful. Thanks very much for the help. I'll take a little look around this weekend and see what I can find!

On 2017-3-24 at 1:07 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Thanks again for this and pointing me to StubHub. Got some nice seats in section 416 - not a terrible price either!