PO: Rookie Of The Year - Goodnight Moon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like American dream records (yuck I know) is pressing this.

50 180 gram black

100 clear with white smoke

150 blue black white swirl.

http://americandream...-goodnight-moon

I've been curious about this for awhile now, but lost track of the thread: why "yuck, I know"

I'm not a fan of this band, and I don't know a lot about this label (other than the fact that they pressed this day and age, which is great). What's the problem?

He's probably referring to the issues with ICMAM - gold rush. (Sold a 180g variant for like $30, which advertised coming with a handwritten lyric sheet).. Ended up taking months to ship and came with a photocopied lyric shee instead of handwritten..

I don't really blame the label though.. Musician is a known flake, and the label ended up sending 2 copies of the record (180g and the gold rush yellow variant) for the long delay.

I've bought most of their releases since and have no complaints. TDAA went without a hitch and I'm just glad someone took the risk to press that classic

Not a huge fan of rookie f the year but may pick it up later if they ever post pics of the variants

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So.. Finally got sick of waiting for this. I can live without it, I'm sure if I ever want it I can order at a later date or buy it for cheap off someone from here.

Anyways, I e-mailed the dude to get a refund last Thursday. I didn't hear anything back. So Sunday I tweeted at him, and asked what I had to do to get a refund for a record that was supposed to come out 2 months ago. I got this response,"I'll get you taken care of, but there's no need to be a dick about it."

What a douche.

So.. Finally got sick of waiting for this. I can live without it, I'm sure if I ever want it I can order at a later date or buy it for cheap off someone from here.

Anyways, I e-mailed the dude to get a refund last Thursday. I didn't hear anything back. So Sunday I tweeted at him, and asked what I had to do to get a refund for a record that was supposed to come out 2 months ago. I got this response,"I'll get you taken care of, but there's no need to be a dick about it."

What a douche.

Damnnnn. Looks like I can do without it just the same. I wish they would have just put Poison like your own and Having to let go on a 7 inch and been done with it in the first place.

This guy is such a pretentious asshole. If he'd just admit he sucks at running a label it wouldn't be so bad but the fact that he thinks he's god's gift to the vinyl industry is ridiculous. Remember the I Can Make A Mess... 'Gold Rush' cluster? The one where it didn't ship for months after the release date AND the variants were nothing like what was described for sale on the site? Dude didn't even apologize. 

Fool me once, though--now this guy has done it twice.

Anyone know how to contact this label? The amount of time I've been waiting for an order is ridicules. 

http://www.absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=21305

he posts on absolutepunk pretty much daily. i told him the other day that he has people on here trying to get a hold of him, never got a response back

Luckily I didn't have to deal with the I Can Make A Mess mess.  I bought it way later once it was already a real thing that he had in his hands.  This album wasn't one that I had planned on getting, but a friend of mine ordered a copy for each of us.  So, I am waiting on this thing that was suppose to be ready back in November (right?).  Now, I completely understand delays.  Sometimes things are just out of your hands.  However I can't believe he has only made like one measly little update about this.  Ridiculous.