PO: Paramore - Paramore (Self-Titled)

gmoney

1) something about "(One of Those) Crazy Girls" reminds me of Pinkerton era Weezer for some reason.

2) I just valued up the box set again to see if it was really worth it and honestly finding it pretty fair. Gonna let it come. Amazon has the 2xLP for 25. The 7" exclusive to the box would be 6-10 dollars online if released separately (even if some people think it should be cheaper), the CD would be about $10-$15 depending where you got it (I now see its $9 on amazon but I was gonna get it for car trips anyways), and the big ass poster would be anywhere between $5-$10. This is taking into consideration these things being bought online anyways. That evens out at  around 54-56 + shipping which is about what it is. Glad you can buy the box set without a silly shirt or hoodie. 

3) This album gets better and better with each listen. At first I just picked out songs I liked and just listened to those but starting to enjoy it a lot more as a whole.

For the longest time the LP was up for pre-order on Amazon for $15.98 but I was waiting to see if the HT exclusive would be out today, which is delayed even more than the standard edition. Yesterday the price on Amazon jumped to 24.55 so a bit bummed I didn't grab onto that $16 price

oh dang the 16 dollar price was a heck of a value. I am pretty content with the box set since I was gonna get both the CD and the LP. Also the bonus tracks were great.

bummed the price went up, cancelled my 15 dollar one because i wanted to see the hot topic price and the record just doesn't feel like something I'd spin often because there's so much filler, love the tracks i love though.

I felt the same way at first but it has grown on me as a whole after a few listens. Some of the tracks I saw as filler at first are finding their ways into my favorites by the band. Last Hope is my jam atm.

2) I just valued up the box set again to see if it was really worth it and honestly finding it pretty fair. Gonna let it come. Amazon has the 2xLP for 25. The 7" exclusive to the box would be 6-10 dollars online if released separately (even if some people think it should be cheaper), the CD would be about $10-$15 depending where you got it (I now see its $9 on amazon but I was gonna get it for car trips anyways), and the big ass poster would be anywhere between $5-$10. This is taking into consideration these things being bought online anyways. That evens out at  around 54-56 + shipping which is about what it is. Glad you can buy the box set without a silly shirt or hoodie. 

was  trying to value up the box set but who really needs the physical CD at all?  The only thing somewhat cool is the poster which I could do without as well.  basically it turns into a 30 dollar 7".  I even tried to justify it by telling myself I bought the 2 song MO/Thrice split for 30.

was  trying to value up the box set but who really needs the physical CD at all?  The only thing somewhat cool is the poster which I could do without as well.  basically it turns into a 30 dollar 7".  I even tried to justify it by telling myself I bought the 2 song MO/Thrice split for 30.

I mean thats just my valuation for myself personally I posted. Either my girlfriend or I would find a place for the poster and I do like owning a physical cd backup. I know I can always burn a copy but I like to keep my favorite albums in both formats. Makes backing music up easier and I don't have an aux port in my car so I just listen to cds anyways. An album like this would make for a great car ride. 

I felt the same way at first but it has grown on me as a whole after a few listens. Some of the tracks I saw as filler at first are finding their ways into my favorites by the band. Last Hope is my jam atm.

I guess we'll see. I'd just play the B-side over and over again anyways, hahahaha. That stretch is so brilliant.

I think albums like this are bound to lose your interest on some of the songs in the middle at first just because of its length. After quite a few listens I have really grown to love this album. Liked it from first listen but did not remember half the songs. I now know the majority of them and find them all unique and fun to listen to as a whole or separate. Also those bside are great. I freaking love Native Tongue 

Yeah, I've listened to the album three times now. I take back what I said about All We Know Is Falling being their best. I think this is what Paramore should be/wanted to be. I miss Zac and Josh, but it sounds like Hayley -- Taylor and Jeremy as well -- had a lot more fun making this album. My favorite tracks are Fast In My Car, Daydreaming, Part II, Proof, Be Alone, and Native Tongue.

And also after watching Still Into You, you can see how much fun they have (at least in front of a camera) as a band. Definitely my favorite album from them.

CD Universe has some copies of Riot! up for sale if anyone's interested.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?PID=7560103&frm=

Ordered before they were listed as backordered and just got an email saying that it's backordered.  It even says my order date is 4/9 and its been on backorder since 4/10.  How cool.