PO: Paramore - Paramore (Self-Titled)

gmoney

you've deduced that this album is going to be repetitive after hearing only 1 of the 19 tracks on this album? haha

19 songs? Damn. But yes. Yes I have. Maybe you'll like it, and sure, I'll download it, but I'm not paying that price for the vinyl. Maybe after I hear it, I'll change my mind, but we'll see. That's just me, though.

19 songs? Damn. But yes. Yes I have. Maybe you'll like it, and sure, I'll download it, but I'm not paying that price for the vinyl. Maybe after I hear it, I'll change my mind, but we'll see. That's just me, though.

haha well I wouldn't expect you to pay that price for the record regardless.  it's a ridiculous price.

i don't know about you guys, but every time paramore has put something out i shit on it for about 6 months. then somebody forces me to listen to the entire album and it gets stuck in my head and i decide i love it.

I hated this band for the longest time. i still don't care for AWKIF.

i don't know about you guys, but every time paramore has put something out i shit on it for about 6 months. then somebody forces me to listen to the entire album and it gets stuck in my head and i decide i love it.

I hated this band for the longest time. i still don't care for AWKIF.

What?!? AWKIF is their best album!

Riot! is where they really crafted their most memorable songs. AWKIF is a good debut and BNE is good but a tad top heavy. I am excited for the new album and the new direction, While I will miss guitar oriented Paramore they may still have some gems in that department on the album. I think the vocals and drums really knock it home on the new single and I definitely wanna hear more of that. While I think the single was a bit repetitive it was catchy and had good lyrics all things considered. Why I got the box set for my girlfriend it is likely we will play it together a lot so win/win.

Brand New Eyes is the best. Way more heart and maturity, and All I Wanted is one of the most gut-wrenching songs I've ever listened to. Riot is almost only good for the singles. All We Know Is Falling was the perfect album to debut with.

BNE would be my favorite it had had a better 2nd half. I think I like Riot! most cause it has the most consistency of memorable and good songs. I hardly remember the names of the songs from the 2nd half of the album. They put all the singles at the top and I gotta say Paramore is usually good at picking singles. That being said I did like that they attempted to push their sound. I am sorta glad they are gonna do something different and hopefully this album features plenty of sounds that are a cross between old and new.

I probably would like the second half of BNE if I listened to the album more but its not the album by them I listen to most. I hope their new stuff is diverse enough that I end up listening to this album a good amount.

dude, the last 3 songs are the best on the album

That's debatable but then again I have not really had a desire to listen to that album much in a good while. Not knocking them but don't really remember them from the year I jammed BNE. I like the maturity of the album and would probably like it but I still feel the album was too top heavy for my tastes. Good album but not my favorite by them. Then again it is way better than AWKIF which is good but I could never consider great by any stretch of imagination. 

What? Brighter and Here We Go Again are my two favorite songs off any album by them. I'm not saying the other two are bad, I just think AWKIF surpasses them.

AWKIF is a really good album, an excellent debut album, and really a pretty incredible debut album for a band of what were essentially children at the time (Hayley was 16, Josh was 17, and Zac had just barely turned 15 on the release date).

But is it a better album, as a whole, than either Riot or BNE? No. Are there some individual songs that might be better than some individual songs on the other albums? Sure. But Riot is more mature, more powerful, and showcases better songwriting and arrangement than AWKIF, and the same can be said of BNE.

I love AWKIF, but I think it's silly to say that it's a better complete album than either of the albums that followed.

[edit: ready to feel old? Zac Farro was born in the 90s. the FUCKING 90s. ]