USPS price increases effective 1/26

^Yeah, was never able to print Media Mail postage from USPS.com anyway

But now it looks like you can't buy First Class or Standard Post postage from USPS.com anymore, just Priority within the US. You can still buy First Class International postage online.

From USPS FAQ article:

Why Aren’t all Mail Classes Available With Click-N-Ship?
Solution:

USPS strives to use Click-N-Ship to highlight services such as Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail Express International, Priority Mail International, and First-Class Package International Service.

Should Click-N-Ship not meet your mailing needs, USPS has vendors who provide services through their PC Postage products such as Endicia.com, Stamps.com, and eBay. USPS encourages online shippers to try one of these services if Click-N-Ship does not meet your mailing needs. For more information, please visit http://www.usps.com/business/online-postage.htm.

Anyone use stamps.com? Would probably save me time and I'd like to be able to just print labels.

You can't do Media Mail from USPS.com.  Dumb, I know.

I Googled it a while back and came across this post.  It has a link so that you can do Media Mail through PayPal.  Its worked great for me in the past.

You could save time and money by following this link or using Paypal Multiorder shipping. No need to join Stamp.com unless you have a business.

Domestic and International confirmations are a complete scam and will only confirm they've lost your package. Not only this, the first question asked by USPS is "was is insured?" If you say No, your totally fucked.  If something is valuable, you must insure it domestically, and register it internationally, a $12.00 fee.

Customs Form #. Its under the weight of the package on the receipt. The tracking should begin with LC then some numbers.

So in theory, when shipping across seas... just ask the USPS clerk, "I'd like first class and only the customs form #" And that'll do? Also, just copy the # onto the tracking website?

So in theory, when shipping across seas... just ask the USPS clerk, "I'd like first class and only the customs form #" And that'll do? Also, just copy the # onto the tracking website?

No. If you are simply sending a first class package international you have to fill out a customs form anyway. Each form is individually numbered.

Below is an older form. The barcode and the LC code are the same. When the post office clerk inputs the info into the system it is attached to that code, and is trackable at least until it reaches the nearest International sort facility. The same number prints up into your receipt. 

USPS_customs_form_1.jpg

No. If you are simply sending a first class package international you have to fill out a customs form anyway. Each form is individually numbered.

Below is an older form. The barcode and the LC code are the same. When the post office clerk inputs the info into the system it is attached to that code, and is trackable at least until it reaches the nearest International sort facility. The same number prints up into your receipt. 

USPS_customs_form_1.jpg

We get the same in the opposite direction from here in the UK, the normal service has it trackable up to the international sort facility but once it leaves the country it costs a lot more to track it all the way to its destination, so I guess that is the same there

Very easy to get caught out thinking you have bought tracking when in reality you haven't.

We get the same in the opposite direction from here in the UK, the normal service has it trackable up to the international sort facility but once it leaves the country it costs a lot more to track it all the way to its destination, so I guess that is the same there

Very easy to get caught out thinking you have bought tracking when in reality you haven't.

I know what you're saying, but at least here stateside, no one should assume they bought tracking. I consider it a technological courtesy.

Well stamps is free for eBay/Amazon sellers that aren't businesses and I assume they just charge you per each thing you send.

Also, is there an option for tracking on PayPal's tool?

I'm not sure the deal with Stamps and ebay/Amazon, but I'd imagine if was available to their sellers, its because the website has a contract. I'm mainly referring to making sales on here or other sites like this.

Tracking/Delivery Confirmation is required to purchase on Paypal's tool. It's FREE(!) for first class and Priority, and 20 cents for Media Mail. Not sure about Parcel Post. These are way cheaper than the PO.

You're an idiot.

How am I an idiot? If you people cant see how USPS charging small increased rates within its borders to the thousands of parcels shipped domestically, and offering shipping rates slightly lower then current rates for international customers, thus generating the same/if not more revenue due to an increase in international people ordering more items, and the added revenue from its increase on domestic shipping, you're the idiots in this equation. 

Its about damn time they start charging you guys more to ship stuff. Maybe us foreigners will finally catch a break.

How am I an idiot? If you people cant see how USPS charging small increased rates within its borders to the thousands of parcels shipped domestically, and offering shipping rates slightly lower then current rates for international customers, thus generating the same/if not more revenue due to an increase in international people ordering more items, and the added revenue from its increase on domestic shipping, you're the idiots in this equation. 

- Thousands of parcels in the US? Daily? Weekly? Yearly? I'm 100% sure its more than that.

- I think there is a severe misunderstanding on your part. Rates didn't go down for International customers. They remained flat

- There are no real international customers at USPS. Just US people and vendors who pay the rates to ship internationally.

- USPS is hemorrhaging money for a multitude of reasons, but still offer the best rates for international shipping compared to UPS and FedEx

So what did anyone do to deserve any increase? How does that justify things/make things better? How does this result in an increase in international orders? If it costs $12 to get an LP shipped to you last week, the $12 shipped is sweeter/cheaper this week?

Wait, you're totally joking right now right? You do know for the most part USPS operates in the United States of America with jurisdiction under the USA and not of any other nation right? And you understand that when USPS ships items internationally they have to partner up with said nationals postal service and can't fully take 100% of the responsibility/burden of delivering a package right? So there is absolutely no logic what you hooraying the fact that USA get's an increase, and it definitely doesn't mean you will get a decrease from USA shipping. If anything put one and two together and you'll realize in theory it should increase for you as well buying from the USA. We don't go around parading media mail has gone up! Praise you hawley luyer! This is essentially a gain by the USPS and for no one else. Your bitterness toward 4$ shipping domestically in the USA is childish at best in comparison to international rates. We don't want to charge you over the top shipping prices as much as we don't want to pay over the top shipping from Canada, or anywhere to here in the USA. No one wants these charges except for the shipping businesses. Come on bud, get a grip. 

They advertise free label printing...so unless they're lying then idk. Reread what I said, they charge you per item. as would the post office. You pay through eBay/amazon then stamps sets you up with the labels.

i read what you said. the part that said..."i assume.." i wasnt too sure if it was fact or just guessing.