USPS price increases effective 1/26

Its about damn time they start charging you guys more to ship stuff. Maybe us foreigners will finally catch a break.

How will this in anyway offer you a break? It just means that things cost more. Anyway - hope something you utilize consistently takes a fee hike soon man, I could sure use a break.

Priority packages have free tracking.

Parcel/first class/ media has some other bar code they put on your package (I can't remember what it's called), but that number will let you track your package.  Sure they will still try to charge you for tracking if you want to buy it...but the other barcode works just fine (at least it has for me.)

Parcel/first class/ media has some other bar code they put on your package (I can't remember what it's called), but that number will let you track your package.  Sure they will still try to charge you for tracking if you want to buy it...but the other barcode works just fine (at least it has for me.)

for media it has to be purchased now..been that way for a bit. they give you a code now. its no longer the way youre talking about.

So I THINK this is how prices need to be adjusted. Anyone else who runs a small label/distro please chime in. Thankfully all of these only apply to US Shipping rates

7" went up 0.15 cents (I'm not sure how/why but a 4 oz package that normally cost me $1.86 is now $2.01, tracking is free on First Class)
LP went up 0.19 cents (.16 cent increase on 1 lb packages and 0.3 cent increase on required tracking if you buy your labels online)

I'd really like to figure how the 7" price is figured out since a lot of 7" weight a bit more that 4 oz after they're all packed up.

Its about damn time they start charging you guys more to ship stuff. Maybe us foreigners will finally catch a break.

Actually just checked international rates as I have a transaction pending and international shipping rates DID NOT increase. So I guess there's your "break."

It's required if you print your labels at home. I'm pretty sure the rates for media are the same at the post office, so technically if you want to wait in line at the post office, you wouldn't have to buy tracking and could save a few cents, but who's got the patience to deal with those dicks.

But to prove your point further, tracking is a scam. Half the offices/workers don't even scan them to save time. So one day your package is in MA, no updates for 4 days, and then it's in CA. 

Like a year ago when that really bad hurricane hit the east coast around Halloween I lost about $500 dollars worth of stuff in the mail. Had tracking on everything. Tracking just kept saying "In sorting center in PA". Called a bunch of times, talked to a million different people, nobody could tell me where anything was. About 3 months later I got a piece of cardboard in the mail. It was the label I had printed and stuck to the box (looked like they cut part of the box off with a box cutter), and it said something along the lines of "we regret to inform you your package has been damaged in the mail"

It's required if you print your labels at home. I'm pretty sure the rates for media are the same at the post office, so technically if you want to wait in line at the post office, you wouldn't have to buy tracking and could save a few cents, but who's got the patience to deal with those dicks.

But to prove your point further, tracking is a scam. Half the offices/workers don't even scan them to save time. So one day your package is in MA, no updates for 4 days, and then it's in CA.

Like a year ago when that really bad hurricane hit the east coast around Halloween I lost about $500 dollars worth of stuff in the mail. Had tracking on everything. Tracking just kept saying "In sorting center in PA". Called a bunch of times, talked to a million different people, nobody could tell me where anything was. About 3 months later I got a piece of cardboard in the mail. It was the label I had printed and stuck to the box (looked like they cut part of the box off with a box cutter), and it said something along the lines of "we regret to inform you your package has been damaged in the mail"

Had some similar problems

Yea, I've definitely run into this problem myself.  I've sent packages and it will say it's in one particular location for 4 days, then suddenly it's delivered across the country the next day.  The post office keeps upping their prices, but the service gets worse and worse.