keep an eye out for me !

I have just had 60% of my collection stolen. .. they knew what they were lookonh for :( absolutely gutted they took all my circa, thrice, silverchair, my chemical romance, white stripes and fall out boy!!! Check my list and if any come up for sale or cheap on boards let me know and ill forward to the investigators. .. I hope my insurance will cover it all ! ... thanks in advance guys

We have been setting up a new business and have had a heap of tradesmen working here... I invite all in for somewhere to have lunch and bathroom stop... my record room is right next to the bathroom. . Pretty much all the tradies saw the room and had a listen...im convinced its one of them... no sign of break and enter :(

Other than the anthony green hand painted young legs and from under the cork tree test with a one off screen printed cover and riot blue vinyl signed cover... those are the only 3 really.

That's a big help. Rare enough to see those on their own. Any pairing of those together will throw up a huge flag.

so find the guys you had in there that day and interrogate all of them and get the police involved

its clearly one of them

We are onto it. The hard thing is we have had the tradies at our place for 2 months and I only noticed yesterday they were gone :( some tradies arent here anymore so imgoing tthrough all paperwork and emails to see who was onsite and when.

We are onto it. The hard thing is we have had the tradies at our place for 2 months and I only noticed yesterday they were gone :( some tradies arent here anymore so imgoing tthrough all paperwork and emails to see who was onsite and when.

you'll definitely get all your stuff back and if any of them sold them they'll have to compensate you for the sold items 

Cover all your bases. Check any local pawn shops, record stores or buy/sell/trade shops to see if they have anything that looks familiar to you. Tell them to lookout for a bunch of "new" records and ask that they buy them if someone comes in with them and get their ID info. You'll have to buy them back from any store that takes them in but you can seek reimbursement from whoever stole them in the long run.

Cover all your bases. Check any local pawn shops, record stores or buy/sell/trade shops to see if they have anything that looks familiar to you. Tell them to lookout for a bunch of "new" records and ask that they buy them if someone comes in with them and get their ID info. You'll have to buy them back from any store that takes them in but you can seek reimbursement from whoever stole them in the long run.

Yeh definitely will... i live in west brisbane and there's 2 pawn shops that sell records.. the other places send you to these if you try and sell records to them... I have a feeling they will either put on ebay or just kept :(

Sell that Deja and rebuy most of it :)

Sucks. If I lost most of my stuff, I probably wouldn't even bother with records anymore.

Good luck in getting them back. 

True same here. That's what happened with my comic book collection days in the 90s. Lost my ace box of comics searched for fucking weeks. 

I wouldn't end it here and just say screw it though... I'd do more digging... Did you use Craigslist and someone saw your collection? I just have a hard time thinking it would've been a tradesmen. Especially someone trying to earn your business and reference... And this all took place in Australia? So go to ebay and search all the titles you have and then "*Follow*" those searches and add to your e-mail when those pop up.

Next bookmark Craigslist or whatever it is you guys have there... Just open it every night and see what pops up in the records section you never know...

Also call all your record stores. Tell them your situation.

If a collector stole it? I'd have to say he is young, I can't imagine a mature man keeping someone's belongings in their house hold and thoroughly enjoying those records...

Lastly, white not make a couple fliers and hang some at the nearby colleges? Those kids are the ones that would probably be into the same music so it might be worth a shot at least getting the word out that some stuff is missing.

Good luck man. You can rebuild!

True same here. That's what happened with my comic book collection days in the 90s. Lost my ace box of comics searched for fucking weeks. 

I wouldn't end it here and just say screw it though... I'd do more digging... Did you use Craigslist and someone saw your collection? I just have a hard time thinking it would've been a tradesmen. Especially someone trying to earn your business and reference... And this all took place in Australia? So go to ebay and search all the titles you have and then "*Follow*" those searches and add to your e-mail when those pop up.

Next bookmark Craigslist or whatever it is you guys have there... Just open it every night and see what pops up in the records section you never know...

Also call all your record stores. Tell them your situation.

If a collector stole it? I'd have to say he is young, I can't imagine a mature man keeping someone's belongings in their house hold and thoroughly enjoying those records...

Lastly, white not make a couple fliers and hang some at the nearby colleges? Those kids are the ones that would probably be into the same music so it might be worth a shot at least getting the word out that some stuff is missing.

Good luck man. You can rebuild!

We have gumtree here but i have just done a saved search on eBay for everything that's missing... The flyer thing is a great idea! its only one uni so thats no drama to do...

I wont give up on the record collection... i will just now be "over the top" selective on who knows about it.

Where can one Australian guy go with a fuckton of limited-ass records? Nowhere. He's gotta be selling 'em. Check all public sites. 'Shipping From Australia' is a huge and obvious indicator.

If you can pinpoint a time and date where they were taken, grill all employees who could have been there at that time, threaten with job loss. It's possible at the very least that one could rat out another. It sucks it has to come to something like that, but someone has taken your livelihood, really.