PO: Swans - To Be Kind

Ugh. Amazon oversold their pre-orders and a rep told the next shipment is 7-10 days. I wish they would have notified me. They gave me a nice credit but I'm still frustrated. I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this today. That's what I get for not supporting Young God directly. Did this happen to anyone else?

I chatted with customer service this morning about this, and they told me that it always said "Out of Stock" even when I preordered (which is a lie) so there was nothing they can do about it and they don't know when they'll receive the product.

But for real, it's a bit of a bummer. Not sure if it's better or worse than having the track order completely janked, a la The Seer vinyl. I wonder what the reasoning was, either way. Maybe to narrowly avoid a x4 LP, and higher costs? I'd probably pay an extra $5-10 just to have 100% of the album, but it is what it is.

My pre-order from YGR supposedly shipped on the 9th, but the tracking number keeps coming up as "not available." It's been 5 days & I'm a bit worried about it because that's never happened to me before! lol

Sooooooo what about the shorter track lengths on the vinyl?

I compared the tracklistings on Discogs since I don't have a physical copy yet, and the vinyl version seems to be just about 3 minutes shorter in total.

Just a Little boy: 19 seconds shorter

Little God in My Hands: 35 seconds shorter

She Loves Us: 1 minute and 58 seconds shorter

Oxygen: 12 seconds shorter

Total: 3:04 shorter than the CD.

Ordered from Amazon cuz I had some free money there but seems they're out of stock for a time...went to my local over lunch and picked it up for $2 more - that'll work! I do enjoy having the M. Gira signature on my other Swans/Angels of Light albums that came from Y.G. or merch tables but, oh well. Will be spinning this hard the rest of the week!

Saw they posted a picture of the packaging, looks well constructed and worth the price.

I just feel the need to share this video, because I think it's one of the most captivating, ugly pieces of music I've ever heard. The first time I found this video I watched it like 3 times in a row. I mean, this is from 86. The same year singles like "West End Girls" and "Broken Wings" were huge. And Swans were doing this. If you just turn this up and zone into it, it takes you to another place where abuse and curiosity are the main characteristics. In my opinion at least. 

I went ahead and sent a response to my original confirmation (or order) email earlier today to YGR, basically saying that I figured they had to be crazy busy thanks to the new album and all and that I just wanted to make sure my order hadn't fallen through the cracks.  A couple hours later I got my shipping confirmation.   :)   Works for me!