A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion (GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS)

I despise that the GoT thread split into two. I wanna read everyone's comments I this thread ( but can't bc I know the one I'll read will be the one that blows my mind) and have so many coldhands questions and you guys were so good at keeping spoiling to the complete minimum.

It almost feels like I'm just talking to myself haha

Assuming it's the R+L one? Makes a whole lot of sense.

I definitely think it's going to be a Jon and Daenerys end game.

I concur.

Also the Hound surviving and becoming the grave digger at the monastery.  Notice he didn't get stabbed at the tavern?  Wonder if they are planning on keeping him around longer in the show.

I despise that the GoT thread split into two. I wanna read everyone's comments I this thread ( but can't bc I know the one I'll read will be the one that blows my mind) and have so many coldhands questions and you guys were so good at keeping spoiling to the complete minimum.

It almost feels like I'm just talking to myself haha

We can't have nice things because, Tim.

I concur.

Also the Hound surviving and becoming the grave digger at the monastery.  Notice he didn't get stabbed at the tavern?  Wonder if they are planning on keeping him around longer in the show.

I think the show is going to drastically move away from the source material starting next season. AFFC and ADWD are so unfriendly in the sense of a mainstream audience that it's going to take a lot of changes to keep people interested. Likely a lot less Dorne and Iron Islands stuff simply because they have to. 

I think the show is going to drastically move away from the source material starting next season. AFFC and ADWD are so unfriendly in the sense of a mainstream audience that it's going to take a lot of changes to keep people interested. Likely a lot less Dorne and Iron Islands stuff simply because they have to. 

Yea I already figured the Iron Islands won't be as prominent.  We've already seen a plot change in the fact that Asha (Yara) is going to sail back to save Theon... which throws a huge wrench in most of what happens moving forward, but I hope they still bring in Euron and Victarion....seems like the horn they have is going to play a part in the final books.

i feel like i read somewhere that they were going to kind of combine the two books (because all that stuff happens in the same general time) and mix that up more instead of doing 'season 5: AFFC, season 6: ADWD' etc. but i could have just made that up in my head because i feel like it's a more logical way to do it haha.

I thought the Hound was injured in the tussle with Gregor's men at the inn. So it appears the produces don't have the cold dark heart of GRRM.  It should keep Sandor around for a while with more top-notch one-liners. However, Arya has to get away from him at some point and head eastward. Maybe they will have him injured in a future battle or he'll take up farming outside the dungeons of Harrenhal.

Yeah I just read that part this morning in the book, and arya poured boiling wine over his wounds and he screamed, and then he begged for mercy and arya was like fuck you and rode off.  I don't think she rode off because she wanted him to suffer, I think she didn't want him to die.  The night before, when she named people she wanted dead, she didn't name him.  ( I just had this realization now ).

Yeah I just read that part this morning in the book, and arya poured boiling wine over his wounds and he screamed, and then he begged for mercy and arya was like fuck you and rode off.  I don't think she rode off because she wanted him to suffer, I think she didn't want him to die.  The night before, when she named people she wanted dead, she didn't name him.  ( I just had this realization now ).

Interesting take on it.  Didn't realize the absence of his name when I read it either.  Does seem like they are forming a bond between bad-asses in the show, and I think that could make for a great story line if those two get more screen time.  Obviously she needs to bolt for Braavos at some point, though.

Yea, they definitely need to organize books 4 and 5 into one chronological story. Book 4 was almost torture to get through at some points.

Think they already said they're doing that. I think it's more of the fact those books introduce so many new characters and surroundings that I'll get a little weird.

From time to time I like to look at theories, but like you said... it gets pretty overwhelming.

My favorite recent one is the very well done theory of Roose Bolton being immortal. Anyone scope that one out yet?

EDIT: found it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1xe89h/spoilers_all_bolt_on_apply_directly_to_the/

Tyrion has to go tot he black cells, have his day in court, and then get sprung by Jaime in order for us to discover Shae getting that golden old man dick.

But on a side note...

I say we all start PM'ing that dude Tim spoilers about the rest of the season/books.   I so badly want to send him a message with a false title and tell him that Tyrion kills Tywin.

i'm going with at least a few more episodes before Tywin bites it.

I say we all start PM'ing that dude Tim spoilers about the rest of the season/books.   I so badly want to send him a message with a false title and tell him that Tyrion kills Tywin.

HA. yes. he is seriously ridiculous.

episode 8 of this season alludes to the fight between the red viper and the mountain (title is "the mountain and the viper"), so I don't think tywin is going to be offed until episode 9 or 10. they've sped through things and now I think it's time that they'll slow down the story in king's landing.

and I wouldn't spoil that for anyone. that'd be such a dick move. not that I agree with the way he behaved in the other thread. just two wrongs don't make a right. ya know?

episode 8 of this season alludes to the fight between the red viper and the mountain (title is "the mountain and the viper"), so I don't think tywin is going to be offed until episode 9 or 10. they've sped through things and now I think it's time that they'll slow down the story in king's landing.

and I wouldn't spoil that for anyone. that'd be such a dick move. not that I agree with the way he behaved in the other thread. just two wrongs don't make a right. ya know?

i, for one, would never do that. it's just funny to THINK about doing.

and tyrion killing tywin would be a great season ender (except it's not the end of ASOS?)

the very end of season 4 needs to be the lady stoneheart reveal. ep 7 is called "mockingbird" so that's gotta be the reveal that littlefinger has sansa now. and i'm assuming all the stuff at the eyrie goes down in ep 9 or 10 as well. they've also gotta cover the battles at the wall, death of ygritte, arrival of stannis, dany settling in meereen etc. it's going to be one hell of a season.

the very end of season 4 needs to be the lady stoneheart reveal. ep 7 is called "mockingbird" so that's gotta be the reveal that littlefinger has sansa now. and i'm assuming all the stuff at the eyrie goes down in ep 9 or 10 as well. they've also gotta cover the battles at the wall, death of ygritte, arrival of stannis, dany settling in meereen etc. it's going to be one hell of a season.

ygritte :[[[[[[[[