A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion (GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS)

I thought the skeletons were fucking amazing, but I'm really pissed they didn't tell the story about Tysha.  Tyrion would NOT have sought out his father after being freed if he didn't intend to kill him, and it was only when he saw shae that he wanted to kill him.  Bullshit.

The hound / brienne battle was pretty rad although it made me sad cause I was hoping that he would live (since they didn't kill him when he was supposed to die).

I thought the skeletons were fucking amazing, but I'm really pissed they didn't tell the story about Tysha.  Tyrion would NOT have sought out his father after being freed if he didn't intend to kill him, and it was only when he saw shae that he wanted to kill him.  Bullshit.

The hound / brienne battle was pretty rad although it made me sad cause I was hoping that he would live (since they didn't kill him when he was supposed to die).

we didn't see him die! no one's officially dead until we see them die! ...and then maybe not even then.

I know why they did what they did with Shae, but in the books the story of his first wife is so fucking heartbreaking and really shows how they were always total fucking tools towards Tyrion. But apparently Shae was more of gold digger in the books and not as sympathetic and I didn't pick up on this because I'd seen seasons 1 and 2 before I started reading them. 

I am glad that season 5 I can look at with fresh eyes because I don't really think they'll do a straight adaptation of feast, they'll do part of 5 and 6 and mix them together and start forming their own voice since who knows when WOW is if ever coming. (Maybe that's the joke? Winter never comes, the end). 

I was initially disappointed, but thinking about it more, there should be more of a lead-up to the LS reveal. nooses w/ hung frey's found around. mentioned disappearance of beric dondarrion and a mysterious new leader. I don't think they can cut it completely because brienne goes back to bring Jaime to her.

I know why they did what they did with Shae, but in the books the story of his first wife is so fucking heartbreaking and really shows how they were always total fucking tools towards Tyrion. But apparently Shae was more of gold digger in the books and not as sympathetic and I didn't pick up on this because I'd seen seasons 1 and 2 before I started reading them. 

I am glad that season 5 I can look at with fresh eyes because I don't really think they'll do a straight adaptation of feast, they'll do part of 5 and 6 and mix them together and start forming their own voice since who knows when WOW is if ever coming. (Maybe that's the joke? Winter never comes, the end). 

Curious to see how they do the Greyjoys in season 5 if in fact they do start picking from AFFC. Ive heard rumors of Madds Mikkelson being the crows eye

you and you alone

Did you really not like that part in the books?

Euron fucking kills it during that scene. His homeboy blowing the horn and dying, him bringing back a bunch of loot and winning people over even though he had been exiled.

The dynamic between the brothers is great.

Like I alluded to, I strongly back the Euron = Daario theory, but even before that, Euron was one of the most entertaining/mysterious characters.

Dude claimed to have sailed the smoking sea and been to Valyria? Straight badass. Need to know more.

I think it has potential as a scene in the movies, but it was pretty damn boring I thought in the book.  I agree its sweet that the dude suicided by playing a trumpet ( which is definitely impossible in real life ) and i think if they change some of the dialogue to make the insults funnier and the humility of the people who no one wants to win like the fat dude who gets carried up.

I found a lot of the stuff leading up to the kingsmoot boring for sure

I think it has potential as a scene in the movies, but it was pretty damn boring I thought in the book.  I agree its sweet that the dude suicided by playing a trumpet ( which is definitely impossible in real life ) and i think if they change some of the dialogue to make the insults funnier and the humility of the people who no one wants to win like the fat dude who gets carried up.

I found a lot of the stuff leading up to the kingsmoot boring for sure

While I wouldnt mind seeing it, I wonder if the directors will scrap it to save time. With the way they are changing up the story I could see them letting Asha take the seastone chair and going on with it from there. Who knows.