REM Unplugged RSD 2014 - Pay stupid EBAY prices or wait...........?

Big REM fan here.  This set was my #1 want for RSD and I got (somewhat) fortunate in that I managed to get a buy it now on eBay for $160.  I also picked up another for $199 on a buy it now.  Yes, I'm one of those "open one and leave one sealed" kind of fanboy collectors.  Stupid, I know.   

Anyway, I got both in today.  I've not opened either just yet, but they're really nice except...they both have seam splits starting at the top. :(  I suppose that's to be expected when you pack 4 LP's into a book style gatefold-ish package and pack 'em tight in shrink, but still...irritating considering the price paid. 

These should've been in actual boxes.  Did any of you that managed to get a set that doesn't have splits forming or did I just get unlucky twice?

whining, whining, everywhere whining. I didnt get this, or I didnt get that, or I wanted this colourway not that colourway....chrissakes! and any one who doesnt like "rare record pricing" and the fact that people do indeed sell records is in the wrong freakin game. suck it up. wake up earlier.

I don't disagree about accepting the realities of scarce wax goodies but do you really want to end your argument with the logic that one misses out on releases due to lack of effort? No man or woman can will his or her luck and you need a lot of it to be one of 1,000.

whining, whining, everywhere whining. I didnt get this, or I didnt get that, or I wanted this colourway not that colourway....chrissakes! and any one who doesnt like "rare record pricing" and the fact that people do indeed sell records is in the wrong freakin game. suck it up. wake up earlier.

ever heard the phrase "if you don't have something nice to say , don't say anything at all".

• 3 weeks later...

Due to popular demand...

Well, the Limited Edition Record Store Day release of R.E.M. Unplugged 1991/2001, The Complete Sessions, was quite a hit for those who were able to get one. So as a result, we are working on details for two separate vinyl releases: MTV Unplugged 1991 and MTV Unplugged 2001. Each vinyl release will feature the entire performance, including the additional songs not aired on the original broadcast. Further details to be a announced as soon as we have them.

I just want the 91 session. Excellent news. Let the "butthurt, I waited in line for this limited record" begin.

Eh...I doubt there will be that much butthurt.  Those that were able to get theirs on RSD still have the advantage of having the complete set in one package.  The single vinyl releases may have different artwork, etc.  

If they had decided to make an identical package, then I could see that argument, but here each person/REM fan wins.

• 1 month later...