SRC Pre-Order - Everclear (The Very Best of)

Anyone else pick this up from SRC? I didn't know it was getting pressed until I got the email today with the announcement it was up for sale. Not typically a big fan of 'Best of' albums but I don't want to spend over $400 to get the Everclear songs I like on their rare vinyl.  

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Everclear-%252d-The-Very-Best-Of-LP.html

Thought I'd throw it up here for anyone else who might be interested! 

Once Amazon has it cheaper (and by cheaper I mean a lot) I'll grab a copy.

so they basically covered their own songs with a cover license since they don't own the original masters. 

They totally replaced the rest of the band, outside of the lead singer Art, so these aren't even the same artists who played on the original versions. I'd definitely pass on this -- and SRC should update their listing to reflect that fact (especially given their refusal to give cash refunds for cancellations).

They totally replaced the rest of the band, outside of the lead singer Art, so these aren't even the same artists who played on the original versions. I'd definitely pass on this -- and SRC should update their listing to reflect that fact (especially given their refusal to give cash refunds for cancellations).

Wow, wasn't aware that Art is the only one left.

SRC would never give information that would make them sell less! Sort of how their "limited color version" thing is usually the least limited in the first place.

so they basically covered their own songs with a cover license since they don't own the original masters. 

This is pretty common among bands in that era.  Toad the Wet Sprocket had to do something similar recently.  They rerecorded a bunch of their own songs around the Dulcinea era and released it on iTunes about a year or two ago.  They were locked in their contract from their label and that was the only way they could own their songs again.  Pretty shitty situation.

Though, for Toad, the rerecorded versions sound better than the originals!  Talented dudes in that band.  I saw Everclear two summers ago because nostalgia... his lisp is muuuuch more prominent live these days.  Can't unhear.

Wow, wasn't aware that Art is the only one left.

Yeah, the original lineup was together from 1994-2004, the other 2 members left after the "Slow Motion Daydream" tour.

If they ever press "Ten Years Gone: The Best of Everclear 1994-2004", that's the compilation to buy (it has the original recordings) -- but given the status of the band these days, I doubt Capitol will invest to make that happen.

This is pretty common among bands in that era.  Toad the Wet Sprocket had to do something similar recently.  They rerecorded a bunch of their own songs around the Dulcinea era and released it on iTunes about a year or two ago.  They were locked in their contract from their label and that was the only way they could own their songs again.  Pretty shitty situation.

Though, for Toad, the rerecorded versions sound better than the originals!  Talented dudes in that band.  I saw Everclear two summers ago because nostalgia... his lisp is muuuuch more prominent live these days.  Can't unhear.

The last two times I've seen Everclear, Art was too drunk to play/sing correctly. It was fucking embarrassing. The first time I saw them was great, back when they had the original line up. It doesn't help that these new dudes all look like Motley Crüe rejects.

The last two times I've seen Everclear, Art was too drunk to play/sing correctly. It was fucking embarrassing. The first time I saw them was great, back when they had the original line up. It doesn't help that these new dudes all look like Motley Crüe rejects.

Yea, I saw them play once and Art was too drunk then.