Question about apartment lease

So me and my girlfriend moved into an apartment together almost 3 weeks ago, and now she says she doesn't want to live with me anymore. We signed a one year lease together and still have 11 months of rent left to pay. The apartment is too expensive for either one of us to pay for on our own and the terms of our lease state that if we want to terminate the lease early the remaining months of the lease must be paid up front in full (11 months rent). I am wondering if there is anything we can do to try and get out of our lease or if we are pretty much SOL?

Let her move out, but tell her she has to find a replacement roommate (unless it's a one-bedroom apartment and you aren't comfortable with sharing the bedroom with anyone else) OR continue to pay her cut of the rent. Nobody likes paying rent on two different places if they only live in one, but if she signed the lease, she should be held financially accountable.

Either way, the most important thing is to talk to your landlord about it. Make sure both of you are there to talk to them; don't let her move out without doing this first.

Thanks for the info everyone. It is a one bedroom apartment so I wouldn't really be up for sharing the room with someone else. With 11 months left on the lease her half of the rent is about $3700 which she won't have anytime soon. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a big legal matter but I guess we'll see. Fucking women

is this girl still your girlfriend? cuz if so...eehhhhhh.

Right now she's pulling a "if you get your shit together, we can get back together" thing. I'm not really sure if we are together or not right now. You'd think she would atleast want to try and work stuff out though being that we haven't even been here a month but she follows the advice of her idiot friends who all tell her to just move out, so now she thinks she can just do whatever she wants without consequence because her friends said it was ok. God just typing that made me feel like I was in fucking high school again

I hate to say it, but this is not the kind of woman that you can have a future with or want to have a future with. 

What is to say that you keep it together, get married, have kids, and she decides "meh, I don't want to live with you anymore" on a whim. I say just break it off now instead of being in misery for even longer. 

Ugh, breakups suck enough without money and legal documents in the mix.

I've had roommates bail before and it was pretty much "Find a way to pay their half of the rent or take them to court."

Sorry you're in this situation, dude. It's one thing to bail on a relationship but it's truly reprehensible to fuck someone over financially like that. Girl doesn't seem to think she lives in the adult world where there are consequences.

Ugh, breakups suck enough without money and legal documents in the mix.

I've had roommates bail before and it was pretty much "Find a way to pay their half of the rent or take them to court."

Sorry you're in this situation, dude. It's one thing to bail on a relationship but it's truly reprehensible to fuck someone over financially like that. Girl doesn't seem to think she lives in the adult world where there are consequences.

Exactly I just tried talking to her about the lease and see if we could figure something out and atleast be civil about it but all I get in return is "Fuck You" and she's out the door. I really know how to pick the winners haha.

I also want to thank everyone on here for their info/support/jokes about this whole situation I really appreciate it. There are some GREAT people on this board.

Lastly in case anyone reading this doesn't look at the sales thread, I'm trying to sell some of my records to help cover the cost of possibly getting fucked over and still have some money to live also. Here's the link:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/101786-ss-something-for-everyone-brand-new-tsl-killers-std-spitalfield-and-more/#entry1899545

Thanks again everyone!