Official Art Thread

Thank YOU for taking a peek!

I figure if you take the time to make a website, you're most likely legit. And that you are. The wolf one is badass but I also like the chick in the hat facing the left. And that Walter white piece! You make stuff I wish I could. I get so frustrated when what's in my head doesn't come out right.

So tough for me to continue drawing things I feel aren't finished, just afraid to fuck it up. 

One of my professors used to always say, "if you did it once you can do it again, and it will usually get better each successive time anyway." Of course there's a limit to that and you can't just rely on redoing everything to death, but there's a truth to moderation in there.

Also, anybody read "The Art Spirit" by Robert Henri? I'm very intrigued to work through it proper after giving it a flip through. This one part caught me kind of hard in a both bad/good way:

"No nation as yet is the home of art. Art is an outsider, a gypsy over the face of the earth.

"The only sensible way to regard the art life is that it is a privilege you are willing to pay for.

"Seldom has the great art or great science of the world been paid for at the time of creation."

One of my professors used to always say, "if you did it once you can do it again, and it will usually get better each successive time anyway." Of course there's a limit to that and you can't just rely on redoing everything to death, but there's a truth to moderation in there.

Also, anybody read "The Art Spirit" by Robert Henri? I'm very intrigued to work through it proper after giving it a flip through. This one part caught me kind of hard in a both bad/good way:

"No nation as yet is the home of art. Art is an outsider, a gypsy over the face of the earth.

"The only sensible way to regard the art life is that it is a privilege you are willing to pay for.

"Seldom has the great art or great science of the world been paid for at the time of creation."

LOL I can never draw anything again as good as if i did it the first time, thats just me though. And that's a good quote, I enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one's definitely my favorite of the ones you've posted so far - I really like how the empty space between the left and right heads kinda feels uneasy

Thank you! I was trying to go for that feeling in my juxtapositioning of the images, I'm glad it worked!

Finally decided that it's time to join the digital wood, and picked up an intuos tablet yesterday. Didn't get much time to toy around with it since I also moved yesterday, but I'm really looking forward to what I'll ultimately accomplish with this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a painting I did a few moths ago, my first one ever actually. My wife is a high school art teacher so we always have tons of paints and canvas around. One day I decided to just got for it. I suck at blending, and maybe a 2'x3' canvas was a bit ballsy for my first try...

x1145v.jpg

Here's a painting I did a few moths ago, my first one ever actually. My wife is a high school art teacher so we always have tons of paints and canvas around. One day I decided to just got for it. I suck at blending, and maybe a 2'x3' canvas was a bit ballsy for my first try...

x1145v.jpg

it's not done. keep going.

Yeah, I can definitely see something wanting to come out there instead of just being abstract. So close I can feel it.