Insound - Vinyl Grab Bag

Id never do a grab bag. What if I got a Godsmack or Sum 41 LP? Gross!

Not sure what year it was, but I believe Suburban Home had a vinyl grab bag (I could be mistaken) 5 for 20, or 5 for 25 sale.

I could totally be wrong, I believe I got something like:

Boys Night Out - Make Yourself Sick (Blue)

Foxy Shazam - Introducing (Splatter)

Falcon - Unicornography (orange)

Two Cow Garage

Cory Branan / Jon Snodgrass

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty it was some deal like that and I loved it. Those days are gone....

Some guy on Reddit did an Insound grab bag and got:

Orenda Fink - Ask The Night

Nickel Eye - The Time Of The Assassins

Born Gold - Bodysong

The Boy Least Likely To - The Body Of The Playground

Peter Moren - The Last Tycoon

So yeah, it's definitely lesser known stuff that probably isn't selling well. Bet there are some unheard gems though.

That Born Gold record is so so so damn good.

Ive done a few grab bags from various labels/distros and I dont think Ill ever do them again. Not that I got nothing but crap every time, but Im now a not so proud owner of a For Today record. As a gay guy, Ive been debating on how I want to destroy it.

Lol'd when I read this. Yet, I know a dude in that band, but he's not an original member. But to be truly honest, I've never liked them. Also, Christian music? Not for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JasonCooper

If you are looking for brand new, sealed records I would highly suggest www.mrvinyls.com, they have a catalogue of over 27,000 releases at great prices and they also provide an amazing customer support. I've been using Mrvinyls for some time now, never really been disappointed 

If you are looking for brand new, sealed records I would highly suggest www.mrvinyls.com, they have a catalogue of over 27,000 releases at great prices and they also provide an amazing customer support. I've been using Mrvinyls for some time now, never really been disappointed 

"Mr. vinyl" only works when written Mr. Vinyl's, as in the store belonging to Mr. Vinyl. However, the name is wrong. Sorry.

You should have just started your own thread, but now you lose. Bummer.

I would never do a grab bag from a place like Insound, they just stock too much stuff. It's not like getting one from Relapse or Polyvinyl or a specific label where you can pretty much expect what you'll be getting to a certain degree.

I did one of the Relapse grab bags and it was all distro and it sucked. Only "good" thing was I got that last Cave In record which I sold for almost the cost of the grab bag.

• 2 weeks later...