The Leftovers [HBO Show]

You underestimate the power of calling yourself a "Church".

Yeah, exactly. That's why they couldn't take legal action against them until they are trespassing on school property or creativmg riots at public gatherings (and even then I got the implication that more average citizens were arrested rather than members of the GR.

GR is sketch.  Breaking and entering and stealing people's family portraits.  That's definitely grounds to go arrest them all now.  But I think were supposed to go along with the conceit that after the event things are a little different.

Def an interesting concept, but I'm not sure how long I can go along with this show if its just about the repercussions of said event.  If it's successful, they'll drag it out for as many seasons as possible, and then you'll get an ending that leaves you feeling LOST. ;)

But I did read that they don't want the show to be cliffhanger-y so I dunno, I'll prob continue to check it out, but it won't ever be like GoT where I get into cinema mode and make sure to catch each ep as they air, from the start of the ep.  This show I could throw on halfway through an ep and not really care.

cult leader chick is uber-creepy. pretty sure she was testing her devotion, and sort of passive-agressively telling her that if her devotion was waning she had to leave right then, because she didn't want her getting emotional in front of the other whackjobs cause maybe they'd consider leaving as well.

cult leader chick is uber-creepy. pretty sure she was testing her devotion, and sort of passive-agressively telling her that if her devotion was waning she had to leave right then, because she didn't want her getting emotional in front of the other whackjobs cause maybe they'd consider leaving as well.

okay that makes sense, thanks. maybe i wasnt paying attention well enough.

That's just my take. Also she was telling her about the other lady who had thoughts of leaving... pretty sure the lady she was talking about was the one who got stoned to death, which makes it 10 times creepier... like if that cult leader lady hadn't persuaded her to stay she'd never have gotten wrapped up in all that stuff and would still be alive.  She's an absolute nutbar... I think she was also pulling a 'I'm kind and generous' type of act, y'know?  Like pretending to be compassionate, but then turning it into something much more sinister and manipulative.