PO NOW: Ministry - "The Mind Is...." - 2 limited edition variants - $31.98

The it looks like "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste" is getting another repress, but this time its two different limited edition variants. 

First up: 

150 GRAM OPAQUE GOLD COLORED VINYL LIMITED TO 1500, FOIL-NUMBERED

Second up: 

200 GRAM BLACK VINYL LIMITED TO 1500, FOIL-NUMBERED

I'm really pumped for this repressing as my original copy skips pretty badly and I refuse to pay the asking prices for a VG+ copy or better. 

Just a heads up folks, this version does not appear to have the final track, "Dream song." Although the original pressing also did not have this track, the recent repress on "Music on Vinyl" does appear to have it. 

Source:

http://www.discogs.com/Ministry-The-Mind-Is-A-Terrible-Thing-To-Taste/release/5355639

Missing track:

Has anyone ordered from Hot Tracks before? Wondering how they are with packing, shipping etc...

I just asked my friend who clued me in on this PO and he said he has never had issues with Hot Tracks when it comes to shipping and packaging. I pulled the trigger on this release so I'll let you know my experience first hand once I receive my order. :)

Just a heads up folks, this version does not appear to have the final track, "Dream song." Although the original pressing also did not have this track, the recent repress on "Music on Vinyl" does appear to have it. 

Source:

http://www.discogs.com/Ministry-The-Mind-Is-A-Terrible-Thing-To-Taste/release/5355639

I love Dream Song, seems like the MoV version is the way to go.

I just asked my friend who clued me in on this PO and he said he has never had issues with Hot Tracks when it comes to shipping and packaging. I pulled the trigger on this release so I'll let you know my experience first hand once I receive my order. :)

Cool, thanks man. I have the MOV release which is great but this is my fave Ministry album so I'd liked to go both of these.

I have the MOV release. It's excellent and surpasses the cd. See they are reissuing Filth Pig now too! Thats my favourite Ministry record by far and I paid a pretty big price for it in as new condition still in shrink. It sounds superb.

Now MOV just needs to do In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up on vinyl and I will lose my shit entirely.

Sorry, but with these insane prices on new things I refuse to buy. I like Ministry, but not this much.

That's how I feel too.  I know MoV goes the extra mile and do quality releases, but overall I'm having trouble supporting the $30+ repress trend.  I've also listened to so much early Ministry that it's not such an essential release for me.

Damn, I had no idea they had added Dream Song to the MOV pressing. While I do enjoy picking up limited, colored vinyl pressings, I would much rather have a more complete recording.

Perhaps if DPR gives us a limited pressing of Land Of Rape & Honey I'll pick up one up...

Also, for those interested, here is a link to order direct from Drasic Plastic (with picture of the gold viny):

http://www.drasticplasticonline.com/PRE-ORDER-NOW-Ministry--The-Mind-Is-A-Terrible-Thing-To-Taste--Vinyl-Record-150-Gram-Color-or-200-Gram-Black_p_2508.html

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, I had no idea they had added Dream Song to the MOV pressing. While I do enjoy picking up limited, colored vinyl pressings, I would much rather have a more complete recording.

Perhaps if DPR gives us a limited pressing of Land Of Rape & Honey I'll pick up one up...

Also, for those interested, here is a link to order direct from Drasic Plastic (with picture of the gold viny):

http://www.drasticplasticonline.com/PRE-ORDER-NOW-Ministry--The-Mind-Is-A-Terrible-Thing-To-Taste--Vinyl-Record-150-Gram-Color-or-200-Gram-Black_p_2508.html

They do have a little notice at the bottom of the page....

(Also, COMING SOON from DPR: Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't feel like making a new thread. Looks like The Land of Rape & Honey will be on opaque violet or 200gram black. Only available to wholesalers so far...

http://wholesale.drasticplasticrecords.com/Ministry--The-Land-of-Rape-and-Honey-Opaque-Violet-vinyl-or-200-gram-Black-vinyl_p_318.html