VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

So I just looked up The Innkeepers and the next few days of movies and they aren't on Netflix? I'm pretty sure they were there before today. FAAAACK! This is going to be harder than I thought. 

yep. it was there yesterday. had it on my list as well. was looking at updates and they pulled a decent chunk of horror flicks. looks like they will add more later in the month tho.

I had to chuckle at that one myself. Not sure I liked the movie though, just seemed slow to build up and I guess the gore guy in me was expecting the climax moments to be more intense and possibly more frightening..

This is pretty much what I expected the first time I saw it. But I still enjoyed it. Watched it again a few months after that, knowing what to expect, & since then it's become one of my favorite ghost stories. Probably watched it 10 times so far over the last 4 years. It just really works for me. It's certainly not some insane super-suspenseful horror flick, but it has some nicely scary moments & I just feel it's really well made. Ti West really knows to craft horror imo. & I have a slight crush on Sara Paxton so I'm a bit biased anyway. She's adorbs <3

Different strokes for different folks :)

I'm really excited to try out all the flicks I have never seen because I know one at least will jump up and get me and I'll have a new favorite. Can't wait to watch TFTC tonight since the wife has never seen it and it's been at least a decade since I have seen it. She and I are looking forward to The Houses October Built just based on the title.. it sounds really cool

I'm really excited to try out all the flicks I have never seen because I know one at least will jump up and get me and I'll have a new favorite. Can't wait to watch TFTC tonight since the wife has never seen it and it's been at least a decade since I have seen it. She and I are looking forward to The Houses October Built just based on the title.. it sounds really cool

Oh man I'm so stoked for Demon Knight tonight! Which I was getting re-upped tonight instead of Sunday, but it'll still be a blast! Yeah I'll pretty much try any horror flick (exceptions of course), & even if it sucks I'm generally glad I gave it a shot. So many diamonds in the rough out there I've come across having never heard of them before.

I am of the opinion that found footage has been done to death. However, if done well, it can still be awesome. Houses October Built falls in that category imo. It's original & at times really intense. I had zero expectations going in, & it sort of blew me away. It's funny, scary, disturbing & pretty fun.

Agreed! You can tell he loved playing that role. So campy & funny. Can't imagine anyone else playing that character. 

Love that 90's industrial/metal soundtrack too.

Speaking of, I forgot how good the Innkeepers score is.

Then I remembered Death Waltz was supposed to press it like a year ago.

Then I got sad.

In regards to The Innkeepers, I wasn't into it. It just took way too long to get to the point and was a bit too subtle with an explanation to everything. Also, I'm not much of an Lena Dunham fan so I thought her cameo was pointless.

Very excited about Demon Knight tonight. Billy Zane :wub:

I wasn't that big of a fan of The Innkeepers the first time I watched it, but I really enjoyed watching it last night. It's one of those that gets better with each watch. Also, I forgot how it ended and now I realize why. Didn't really "get it" I guess. I was watching and listening to it on my laptop through headphones which also made it a little more interesting. It is a really slow build, but I think there is a lot to be taken in with the dialogue. It was funnier than I remember. Super duper excited for Demon Knight tonight as I don't think I have ever seen it before. I watch so many movies I forget a majority of them. 

The old man was good... can't take his creepiness away from it, but I was hoping he was going to present a violent confrontation instead of just something there to scare her, like him being a ghost/demon himself

Oh man, in the commentary they discuss how that actor is a chain-smoker & would have random coughing fits during filming, so they had to do some re-shoots once he regained his breath.

I wasn't that big of a fan of The Innkeepers the first time I watched it, but I really enjoyed watching it last night. It's one of those that gets better with each watch. Also, I forgot how it ended and now I realize why. Didn't really "get it" I guess. I was watching and listening to it on my laptop through headphones which also made it a little more interesting. It is a really slow build, but I think there is a lot to be taken in with the dialogue. It was funnier than I remember.

Yes to all of this!!!

did you or anyone notice her ghost in the curtain just before the door shut at the end? I love that touch